Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Coconut oil doesn't work

luckypenney17

Lairian
My guy is struggling from really dry skin and coconut oil doesn't seem to be helping. Is there anything else I could use?

I bathe once a month with a soap free shampoo. (Hylyt)

Thanks

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
To much coconut oil can make things worse.... Try just a little to get off touch stains.
@Catzzzmeow uses a great soap that I have tries a few times, I really have to order it!

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I use the HyLyt shampoo and have a long time. I love it. You might need to bathe once a week, or every two
instead of once a month. They get really dirty in a month.

luckypenney17

Lairian
He doesn't get very oily at all that's why I only bathe once a month. Do you think I should bathe more to get his oils to come out more so he s not so dry?

Yoda mom

Staff member
@luckypenney17 , How long have you used hylyt?
And coconut oil? And your routine of application?

Does he sit on an electric blanket, sit in front of a heat vent or portable heater frequently?

A pic would be great!

luckypenney17

Lairian
I had been applying coconut oil before bed for about a week but he still had dry skin. Finally my hylyt shampoo came in the mail so I washed him the other day and applied coconut oil after and not his skin is peeling/flaky. He doesn't seem to be itching as much tho which is good.

He does sit on top of the heat vents but the funny thing is underneath the skin is very soft and supple on top of him is the very dry skin.

I'll attach some pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 84

luckypenney17

Lairian
I had been applying coconut oil before bed for about a week but he still had dry skin. Finally my hylyt shampoo came in the mail so I washed him the other day and applied coconut oil after and not his skin is peeling/flaky. He doesn't seem to be itching as much tho which is good.

He does sit on top of the heat vents but the funny thing is underneath the skin is very soft and supple on top of him is the very dry skin.

I'll attach some pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 73

Chilly Willy

Lairian
I notice in the pics he is by a window/glass door. Could that be why his skin is acting up too?

In other words, is he spending lots of time in Windows or being exposed to the sun? I know my naked baby boy does!

Just a thought.....

Chilly Willy

Lairian
I forgot,

Maybe you could try a gentle exfoliating glove in circular motions during bath time to help with some of the flaky skin?

Ours isn't too rough, but works great!

Back