Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Giardia

Moezesucks

Lairian
Basically been a vicious cycle of my kitties having only diarrhea from this, and constantly re infecting themselves every time i try to treat it. Has anyone had this problem or know how to solve it? Im at my wits end

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
We went through a bout. We were fortunate once it was diagnosed it was only one round of meds for all. Did your vet have all treated for it at the same time? We disinfected all surfaces constantly. Kept litter boxes as clean as possible and the we through them out after meds were completed and started fresh.

Patti

ZiggyStardust

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Has it been confirmed it's Giardia? Tritrich can get better with Giardia treatment, but come right back because it's not the correct medication. But either way, as Patti (@Catzzzmeow ) said, all should be treated at the same time and litter boxes cleaned and changed and lots of disinfecting!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Basically been a vicious cycle of my kitties having only diarrhea from this, and constantly re infecting themselves every time i try to treat it. Has anyone had this problem or know how to solve it? Im at my wits end
One of the biggest issues with this pesky bug is re- infecting themselves - please read this thread on precautions with Giardia. Also, is there another cat involved? If so they both must be treated concurrently.
http://sphynxlair.com/community/threads/sphynx-cat-with-diarrhea-giardia.3610/

Moezesucks

Lairian
on the third try of medication. i literally am just out of options. i bought disposable liter boxes and have been bleaching everything like crazy. its been like 2 months of it just reoccurring. i think my next step is to just completely separate the two of them and try it that way. i just am running a hole in my bank account trying to get this taken care of and it seems like it will never be resolved. literally any advice helps at this point.

andreanar

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Im sorry your going thru this. I guess at this point,I would re test and make sure there isn't something else going on also.

Back