Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Harnesses -- Looking For

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I've seen some great cat harnesses in the photos on this forum, but I can't seem to find anything in Canada.

It would help if I had a manufacturer etc.

Anyone who has those really nice harnesses that cover the upper body area, could you please let me know either where you purchased or the manufacturer? Thank you so much.

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
We got our kitten harnesses from Petsmart and Petco. For kittens, I like the "H" style because it is harder to get out of. Marcus and Cleo both have the vest-style harnesses and they are pretty good too. You can also make harnesses, leashes and collars that look very professional--check out http://cdwplus.com

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Here are the other 2:
image.jpg
image.jpg

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
They always have them for cheap in the pet section at Winners or Homesense in Canada. Usually for about 10 bucks. I have had good luck finding the vest style ones there.

Yoda mom

Staff member
800443185995C.jpg

@Xandria ,A figure 8 style harness like this one at petco.com works -( i am going to reinforce mine with a small Velcro soft zip tie by the buckle)
I also use a rabbit walking vest Xl size -for my 10 -11 lb kitty's - ,I like the one with white stripe band older style on ebay new
It has a nice smaller neck size and nice Velcro wide straps

I have tried a "come with me kitty" harness and bungee leash combo set too but read on amazon reviews kitty backing out of it too

**So far I like the figure 8 adjustable harness and the "rabbit walking /jogging vest "best

** there are so many cute harnesses - but- really look at the neck / front shoulder area where the harness secures on the cat- they can be a false sense of security- nothing is 100% - I try to look for Harnesses that come with both Velcro and buckle closures- a local shoe repair store can also can sew -reinforce it to your needs- I have one this with my dog leather leashes-

***look at the harness and picture worse case scenario- kitty getting spooked by a dog or noise- they can back out and wiggle free out of most harnesses-

I practiced harness training in the house and only took mine out in the fenced back yard to test run the harness

*I use a 25ft dog retractable leash with the cat harness once the were used to it with a regular leash and only walked in my back yard- (too many nightmare stories of stray dogs or dogs lunging at parks and fairs for to take the chance)

a pic of the Ware manufacturer rabbit jogging vest harness I like best

81x%2B2x-uZXL._SY355_.jpg

Last edited:

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Try a step-in harness also. Many trainers who provide cats for films and TV shows like these because they are harder for the cat to get out of, but they are easy to put on. You can google them to see who has them near you. As @Yoda mom says, cats can and do back out of harnesses, so be careful--Cleo did that with an expensive Puppia harness when she was a baby. Fortunately, she was in the house, so no harm was done. I also will not use a harness that just uses Velcro closures. All our harnesses, including the dress and shirt harnesses, have buckles that will not open until I open them (non-breakaway harness buckles).

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thank you, all, for your experiences and advice. It really helps. I'd be devastated if I lost my naked.

I'm hoping to get Max accustomed to a harness as soon as possible, as well as car rides.

Ahhhhh, I can't wait until mid December.

Back