Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looking for a new friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am looking to adopt or rehome a sphynx. I am located in MN but would be willing to travel. I have owned a sphynx for a while now and he is spoiled to death. Now I am looking for a new friend to join the party. My babies are totally spoiled. I am looking for a sphynx. Age is not a big factor. I am willing to pay a small, resonable rehoming fee. Please let me know if you think that there is a kitty who might match my description.

Thanks!

Yoda mom

Staff member
There is a female cutie listed in Clearwater, Florida looking for a forever home. She is probably too far but wanted to share her needing a home.

I will keep an eye out. I would suggest checking Sphynx rescue organizations too. There is a rescue site you can search for all breeds by state. I got Macie bengal cat through the site and she is wonderful.

GizmosMommy

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
There is a female cutie listed in Clearwater, Florida looking for a forever home. She is probably too far but wanted to share her needing a home.

I will keep an eye out. I would suggest checking Sphynx rescue organizations too. There is a rescue site you can search for all breeds by state. I got Macie bengal cat through the site and she is wonderful.
I saw her on rescue me...her ears are filthy in that pic :( poor girl needs a good home

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What is the rescue site link? I am having a very hard time finding sphynx rescues or even rescues that may have them. I would love to rescue as I work as an adoption counselor at a local humane society and rescuing is my main mission. Does anyone know of any good sphynx rescues? Fl might be too far for me but I will still look into it. That is so crummy that her ears are icky. I am pretty crazy about keeping my little guys ears spotless. Thanks everyone!

Don Waffle

Lairian
I am in Texas. If you're willing to come get my little Yuri, and give him a wonderful forever home, I will wave the rehoming fee. Let me know if you are interested. I posted a thread about a male (neutered) donskoy in TX needing a new home. I'll try and post the thread link.

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am in Texas. If you're willing to come get my little Yuri, and give him a wonderful forever home, I will wave the rehoming fee. Let me know if you are interested. I posted a thread about a male (neutered) donskoy in TX needing a new home. I'll try and post the thread link.
My husband and I will be in conversation about Yuri. I am very interested in him but also worried about him spraying. Would you consider shipping him at all? At my expense of course. I dont know if we would be prepared to take a trip at this very moment but, maybe in the next month or so.

Don Waffle

Lairian
I can understand being leery about the spraying issue. I wish I could foresee the future to see if it continues to be a problem with him. Of course, if I really had a wish it would be to not have to worry about finding a new forever home for Yuri. :-( Sigh....
Unfortunatly, I will not ship Yuri. These fur-less little creatures are way too fragile when it comes to the "regular" ways animals are shipped or taken care of. Too many things could go wrong, and my heart would break if something bad happened to Yuri.
He would be fine going in the cabin of a plane with his new forever human, but going in with cargo is too risky.

I understand that we are far from each other, And we don't know how Yuri will handle another new home. So please don't feel bad if you're not interested. I understand.
Thanks for replying though.
Kind regards.

My husband and I will be in conversation about Yuri. I am very interested in him but also worried about him spraying. Would you consider shipping him at all? At my expense of course. I dont know if we would be prepared to take a trip at this very moment but, maybe in the next month or so.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Just wanted to add what I did when I got a rehome stud SGC bengal cat and worried about spraying.. He was neutered, got his own room and it trained with him like a dog.

Feliaway and a bag of yum yum treats...
He had his own room and own kitty box in his own suite

I watched him like a hawk. If I saw the look, I picked him up and put him by his box..

***As soon as he moved towards it, I praised him like we were having a party and gave him a treat
When he walked in the box I praised him
Immediately as he wascdonevand leaving the box I said good boy! And placed several treats right at the box as he got out

It got to be soo funny he would go in the box and wait for treats! It was our game!
I allowed him more freedom with his comfort level. If I saw that look he was back to his suite.
Little by little he gained full access to the brand new house I built along with 3 other neutered male bengals.

They are all at the bridge after a long wonderful life we shared.

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I can understand being leery about the spraying issue. I wish I could foresee the future to see if it continues to be a problem with him. Of course, if I really had a wish it would be to not have to worry about finding a new forever home for Yuri. :-( Sigh....
Unfortunatly, I will not ship Yuri. These fur-less little creatures are way too fragile when it comes to the "regular" ways animals are shipped or taken care of. Too many things could go wrong, and my heart would break if something bad happened to Yuri.
He would be fine going in the cabin of a plane with his new forever human, but going in with cargo is too risky.

I understand that we are far from each other, And we don't know how Yuri will handle another new home. So please don't feel bad if you're not interested. I understand.
Thanks for replying though.
Kind regards.

Hey, I totally understand about not shipping. I am not too crazy about the idea myself but, needed to know my options. I know that I am going to TX in Nov. but, thats probably too long for you. I will continue to talk to my husband. As far as the spraying goes its a tricky thing. That is actually how I got my sphynx is because he was spraying and they didn't have the time to work it out. He came into my house and has done totally fine. Who knows Yuri could come into my house and do just fine too.

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Just wanted to add what I did when I got a rehome stud SGC bengal cat and worried about spraying.. He was neutered, got his own room and it trained with him like a dog.

Feliaway and a bag of yum yum treats...
He had his own room and own kitty box in his own suite

I watched him like a hawk. If I saw the look, I picked him up and put him by his box..

***As soon as he moved towards it, I praised him like we were having a party and gave him a treat
When he walked in the box I praised him
Immediately as he wascdonevand leaving the box I said good boy! And placed several treats right at the box as he got out

It got to be soo funny he would go in the box and wait for treats! It was our game!
I allowed him more freedom with his comfort level. If I saw that look he was back to his suite.
Little by little he gained full access to the brand new house I built along with 3 other neutered male bengals.

They are all at the bridge after a long wonderful life we shared.

Feliaway is amazing. I work at a humane society and it does wonders on cats and sometimes even gives them a chance to be adopted into a home verses our barn cat program. That sounds like a great way to teach them. Spraying is always a hard thing to crack though because there is not always a rhymn or reason. Thats awesome that you were able to work with your kitty and get him loving the box!

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am beginning to feel discouraged as my sphynx search has been coming up dry for months. I would love to add another sphynx baby to my live. I constantly check craigslist and other resources with no luck. I would rather not get from a breeder because I work at a humane society and would rather give a kitty a much needed home than go to a breeder. There is nothing wrong with a breeder but, that is not the route I am hoping to take. I am just feeling bummed out, hopefully I find another furless baby soon.

Hondo

Lairian
I am beginning to feel discouraged as my sphynx search has been coming up dry for months. I would love to add another sphynx baby to my live. I constantly check craigslist and other resources with no luck. I would rather not get from a breeder because I work at a humane society and would rather give a kitty a much needed home than go to a breeder. There is nothing wrong with a breeder but, that is not the route I am hoping to take. I am just feeling bummed out, hopefully I find another furless baby soon.
I have a 3-year old female sphynx I need to rehome. Where are you located?

Yoda mom

Staff member
I would also suggest contacting reputable breeders in you area about any retiring breeders that may be coming available
in the future. It was 5 months for my retired Claire Bare. The breeder had her spayed, she was already HCM screened, Had her shots, and the breeder kept her until her hormones settled after the spay. Sh came with a harness and all kinds of goodies..

Toby was a rehome listed on hoobly.

The right one will find you .. Keep the sphnx faith

susi794

Staff member
@BluesMummy , Candy needs a single kitty household...being with only one would be better than the six I have, but vet suggested single cat house would be ideal....but I would be willing to talk about it...maybe.

BluesMummy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@BluesMummy , Candy needs a single kitty household...being with only one would be better than the six I have, but vet suggested single cat house would be ideal....but I would be willing to talk about it...maybe.
Yes sorry @susi794 you have said all along you wanted a no-pet home for your candy cane, i just thought of you with this lady working for the humane society i thought she could be a good match xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back