Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looking to be a New Daddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
The next time he is out and about, put him in the litter box and move his front feet to move the litter around. It might help to get him going a bit. Just keep trying. Also if he does go, don't forget to bring a poop sample to the vet when you go.

Patti

Toa and Ross

Staff member
I don't think he is drinking either at the moment but he doesn't seem very week or anything. He does seem to sleep a lot under the bed though. I haven't witness he and Angel play yet but that keep giving each other the "sniffy kisses"

Did you try if he wants to drink if you put the bowl under the bed?
I heard more kittens who refused to drink or eat or use the litterbox the first day so hopefully Adonis just turns out to be stubborn.
But better let it check by the vet tomorrow.

Aaaw the 'snuffy kisses' are sweet!

All fingers and paws crossed here for a eating, drinking, peeing, pooping, playing and cuddling Adonis!

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Congratulations, he's a Handsome little Gentleman.
Lay on the floor and bed get a toy and play, but, for sure
let it be on his terms. He will come around and then won't
stay away from you. Good he and Angel have taken up with each
other immediately.

Raymond Conway

Lairian
He broke out of his rut now if I can't only stop him but eating Angels Grain Free Blue Buffalo lol. But he's drinking now too. He even used the litter box just now. He peed on the floor and when I wipe it up with a paper towel I broke off a piece and stuck it in the litter. It worker perfectly. He was really thirsty!!!
uploadfromtaptalk1439772421496.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1439772456757.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1439772466231.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1439772482656.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1439772504253.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1439772519051.jpg

1sphynxlover

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Raymond Conway ,Yep, your owned!I just love the pic of him sleeping on you. Have you noticed any jealousy from Angel. I was just wondering how she feels about sharing you. The pics are great! Keep them coming.

Raymond Conway

Lairian
No she isn't jealous. She not used to the Purring Headbutt yet lastnight it seemed like she was encouraging him to snuggle with me. Half the reason I got him was for her to have a playmate since I work so many hours per shift. I'm a supervisor at a 24 hr call center. I'm pretty sure they were already Ok with each other because he was on the bed and jumped off terrified because my door opens loud. Angel stays on the bed unless I'm walking her outside lol

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Awe. So cute! I love the pic of him on your shoulder. Also the one with him and angel. I'm glad he is finally settling in. Those first few days are stressful for everyone. Also that is an awesome cat tree you picked out for him! That will be Sphynx central soon enough. I put mine in front of the window so Frida can look outside. It is her favourite thing.

Raymond Conway

Lairian
Jeej! Hurray! Adonis surrended:)!! So happy to hear he's eating, drinking and using the litter box.

And that photo of him cuddling/sleeping with you...priceless! Got tears in my eyes from happiness.

Adonis, you're so brave and you see... You have such a nice loving daddy!!
He's like a little infant he keeps waking up every hour to say hold me and then he starts purring again. It's the cutest thing ever! He's not a blanket diver he likes direct body heat from his Daddy!
uploadfromtaptalk1439793985324.jpg

Raymond Conway

Lairian
He's like a little infant he keeps waking up every hour to say hold me and then he starts purring again. It's the cutest thing ever! He's not a blanket diver he likes direct body heat from his Daddy!View attachment 61060
So the amazing thing I forgot to share is that I named him the very first day I seen his picture. It was like I was already connected because in the picture it was like he was looking thru me. I get to the house to meet his humans and his mom and dad and the other siblings. Most people would look at the other kittens since I had the pick of the litter but something said it was no need. His previous owner looked at me and said what made you name him Adonis? I said he just spoke to me threw the picture. She was speechless... I said why the reaction...she said I know this is meant to be because you named him after his father without knowing his fathers name...She said his father name is Leonidas!!!!

KitKat26

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
That is awesome, I am so happy for you! woo hoo. I love the picture with him snuggling on your chest. They are so cuddly, just like little babies.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
He's like a little infant he keeps waking up every hour to say hold me and then he starts purring again. It's the cutest thing ever! He's not a blanket diver he likes direct body heat from his Daddy!View attachment 61060

So when Adonis finally surrender, he gives it all:). Now he find out that your his daddy he wants your love all day. That's too cute.
And what do you need a blanket for when you have such a purrrfect daddy?!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
So the amazing thing I forgot to share is that I named him the very first day I seen his picture. It was like I was already connected because in the picture it was like he was looking thru me. I get to the house to meet his humans and his mom and dad and the other siblings. Most people would look at the other kittens since I had the pick of the litter but something said it was no need. His previous owner looked at me and said what made you name him Adonis? I said he just spoke to me threw the picture. She was speechless... I said why the reaction...she said I know this is meant to be because you named him after his father without knowing his fathers name...She said his father name is Leonidas!!!!

Oh wow! You and Adonis are meant to be. What a beautiful storie about his name and his fathers name. Thanks for sharing!

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
It usually takes just a day or two. He's a cutie. Glad everything
is going good. Daddy, when he lays on your chest place
a soft blanket, throw over him. They love it.

Raymond Conway

Lairian
Adonis came all the way out of his shell. He does that crazy runny and pouncing antics like he has some imaginary friend that he chases and fights! I'm going to attempt the leash training sometime this week. I I just got his cat condo in the mail today and its quite big! I think he'll have a ton of fun with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back