Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Minor emotional setback today....

Gryffindor

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
A friend's cat passed away suddenly last night. Seeing the post on fb brought all of the emotions from Gryff's sudden passing back, so I'm posting this picture (one of my faves) from happier, more peaceful days to bring myself out of the funk...hopefully, lol.

IMG_1991.JPG

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Gryffindor , I am soo soo sorry to learn your friends kitty passed away :(
please offer my deepest sympathy-
Yes, all those emotions come through with each passing we share with each other-
Thank you for sharing the sweet picture of your angel..
I try to find comfort knowing our babies are in the best of company together at the bridge , free from pain- watching over us, until we meet again..
Their spirit is always with us -
"Look for the angels in your life, they are everywhere"

Gryffindor

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thanks all. The wife and I still have our moments since it's still relatively fresh being less than 2 months ago. Hoping time will make it better, but really am taking it day by day.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
@Gryffindor there is no set time to heal. We lost our precious leeloo (will be 2 years in Oct) every now and then I accidentally say her name and I take it as a blessing. She was unforgettable and just so sweet. Just cherish the best memories day by day, year by year.

Patti

1sphynxlover

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Love the pic! Don't feel bad about the set back. Mourning the loss of a beloved pet is the same for a human. Everyday will get a little easier. Your still in the early stages of grief and it's very natural what you are feeling. I don't think we ever really get over the loss, we just cope with it better. My cocker has been gone for 4 yrs. every time I see another cocker, all the memories flood back and I'm a mess.

Robyn Church

Lairian
Losing a little fur child is hard, very hard.
When our kitty of 23 years passed back a few years it was as though we had indeed lost a child.

curlysue

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am so sorry about your friends kitty! It is never easy and having to deal with the emotions again after thinking you at the point of being "ok" is rough.

Big hugs from us here in GA!!

Back