Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Moving around

KALEBB

Lairian
I'm currently a college student and have been considering getting a sphynx for awhile now. I have fallen in love with the breed and would love nothing more than to have one to come home to everyday.

My question is will it affect my sphynx badly if I move it home during the summer and then back into an apartment during the school year? I know I would have plenty of time to love on it and give it all the attention that it needs but I don't want to make the poor thing suffer out of my own selfishness.

Lickleone

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
As long as you get it use to travelling about it should be fine but there is no saying every baby has their own personalities but I would say you be fine also remember though if you taking it where there is other animals there may be issues each time there may also not be

zoinks

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I would factor in pet policies on the apartments at college, sometimes it is hard to get apartments that accept pets or roommates that are accepting of pets. Also how much space they would have in the apartment.

I would say it depends how often you would be moving around and out of the house, eg. Taking trips back to visit family and maybe long days at school and being out afterwards. Sphynx are very demanding of attention, our first boy did not do well when we were working 9-5.

I would have a good think for a while, maybe look back at the past few months so far and see how things would have been if you had a cat too. It is a big responsibility, very worth it but worth making sure the timing is right :)

Back