Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My little girl ALWAYS is sucking her nipples...how do I stop this?

Eugene

Lairian
So my little Ziva keeps sucking her nipples whenever she gets comfy. She could wake up at 2:00am and strat sucking. It is getting a bit annoying. I tried to discourage her but nothing works. I wanted to see if anyone else had this issue and what can be done to stop this behavior.

Thank you

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
So my little Ziva keeps sucking her nipples whenever she gets comfy. She could wake up at 2:00am and strat sucking. It is getting a bit annoying. I tried to discourage her but nothing works. I wanted to see if anyone else had this issue and what can be done to stop this behavior.

Thank you

@Eugene any cat can do this, but I find more and more nakeds do this after leaving the breeder. Some cats just do it for a few months, others for years.

My first sphynx used to suckle his blanky. He did it for six months and then just stopped on his own. My second sphynx used to want to nurse off of my first sphynx (both males), but he didn't like it much and would get up and walk away. That's when the second sphynx decided to suckle on my hand, arm or chin.

Then came along my third sphynx. He too likes to suckle only on my arm. When he wants to fall asleep to take a nap or sleep for the night, many times he comes over to me and suckles my arm for a little bit and falls right to sleep.

My other nakeds never did that. I first tried to stop my first sphynx from suckling his blanky, but he wouldn't have it! No matter how many times I pushed his blanket away or tried to divert his attention to a toy, etc., if he wanted to suckle, he made sure that he did. I soon got used to it and it didn't bother me. Like I said before, when he was six months old, he totally stopped doing that on his own.

I have no problem with my other two that suckle on me. It's just a "comforting" thing for them. Just like a pacifier for a baby/toddler. They don't suckle for that long and they never get me all wet with saliva, so I have no problem with that.

My daughter has a few furry cats and one of them loves to suckle on her shirt or anyone's shirt if they sit on the couch. But her cat soaks your clothing, so when I go over to my daughter's house, I don't allow her cat to do that to me.

Eugene

Lairian
@Eugene any cat can do this, but I find more and more nakeds do this after leaving the breeder. Some cats just do it for a few months, others for years.

My first sphynx used to suckle his blanky. He did it for six months and then just stopped on his own. My second sphynx used to want to nurse off of my first sphynx (both males), but he didn't like it much and would get up and walk away. That's when the second sphynx decided to suckle on my hand, arm or chin.

Then came along my third sphynx. He too likes to suckle only on my arm. When he wants to fall asleep to take a nap or sleep for the night, many times he comes over to me and suckles my arm for a little bit and falls right to sleep.

My other nakeds never did that. I first tried to stop my first sphynx from suckling his blanky, but he wouldn't have it! No matter how many times I pushed his blanket away or tried to divert his attention to a toy, etc., if he wanted to suckle, he made sure that he did. I soon got used to it and it didn't bother me. Like I said before, when he was six months old, he totally stopped doing that on his own.

I have no problem with my other two that suckle on me. It's just a "comforting" thing for them. Just like a pacifier for a baby/toddler. They don't suckle for that long and they never get me all wet with saliva, so I have no problem with that.

My daughter has a few furry cats and one of them loves to suckle on her shirt or anyone's shirt if they sit on the couch. But her cat soaks your clothing, so when I go over to my daughter's house, I don't allow her cat to do that to me.
Thank you for that, I hope she gets over it, but if not, oh well :)

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Catzzzmeow you know how some ppl don't "get" our love and relationships with our nakeds? Well, can you just imagine the looks, stares and comments if we walked down the street or in a park with our nakeds in a stroller while they are suckling a pacifier? That would be something! LOL

saxxy

Lairian
My kittten also suckes her own nipples and her nipples get big and red. Soon she will look like she have had babies and she is only 5 monthes old

kittywhew

Lairian
My 4 year old little girl doesn't suckle but she'll wash my hand or arm til I have to make her stop because it starts hurting.

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
My 4 year old little girl doesn't suckle but she'll wash my hand or arm til I have to make her stop because it starts hurting.

@kittywhew that's why one of my nakeds in particular suckles/licks the palm side of my hand! He can lick and suckle for a long time and it gets to the point of painful (when licking). So I've blocked his mouth at times with my hand...thus, he started to suckle/lick my palm which doesn't hurt at all. :)

kittywhew

Lairian

@kittywhew that's why one of my nakeds in particular suckles/licks the palm side of my hand! He can lick and suckle for a long time and it gets to the point of painful (when licking). So I've blocked his mouth at times with my hand...thus, he started to suckle/lick my palm which doesn't hurt at all. :)

Omg she's licked my palm before and it was so ticklish lol.

Back