Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

not quite the gotcha day I was hoping for

SarahLovee82

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Well. We got to nj around 130. I'm just walking in the door now pretty much. Kitten seemed fine at breeders house but when we go down the road she started sneezing pretty often,I really didn't think too much of it at first but then it got more and more often and she actually started bleeding out of her nose. One of her eyes is watery a little bit also. I talked to breeder um as far as they know nothing like this has ever happen to her before and she hasn't been sneezing at all that they had seen. I'm hoping it was just the air conditioning in the car or something on the car that was bothering her and made her say yes and then caused the blood to come out of her nose because she was sneezing so often same thing with the watery eyes but of course I'll take her to the vet in the morning to verify. In the meantime I am keeping her in my god daughter's bedroom she won't be alone because my god daughter is here with me so it'll be a good thing. Starla & Bentley obviously smelled her carrier when I went upstairs with her and now they're both growling and hissing at me even though the kitchen it's in the bedroom and I'm downstairs. I have to be honest, I'm sad and I'm having one of those "what did I get myself into" moments. I never expected that kind of behavior from Bentley to be honest he's never in his whole life hissed or growled at anything or anyone & I'm really sad that my kitties now won't come near me. If I go near them they hiss growl & run. Just not the day I thought it would be. Sorry to be glum.

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Aww Sarah, so sorry to hear your gotcha day wasn't as you hope. I hope tomorrow at the vet turns out to be fine and she was just irritated by the car. Fingers crosses for tomorrow!
Jen

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Hang in there. Glad to hear you will slip her in to the vet tomorrow. Could be so many things that set her off. @susi794 needed an inhaler in my car...lol and your baby girl is not so lucky to have one in her purse...lol. As far as Bentley and Starla go, it is always a crap shoot...you lucked out the first time and he was the baby, now he is the king. In 2 weeks you will have a much better feeling...fingers crossed for a good vet visit.

patti

SarahLovee82

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sorry about the bad wording, I wasn't actually typing was using speech to text. Was trying to make dinner for my boyfriend at the same time as posting

susi794

Staff member
I hope she's ok. Your kids will come around. Pearlie is mad at the world right now too. LOL

GizmosMommy

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Awww, hope the vet can figure it out tomorrow. I'm sure they will all be friends and make nice eventually. Hang in there :)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@SarahLovee82 , ((( hugs)) and positive thoughts for you vet visit with your baby!
What did you name your baby?
Please don't take the hissing from Bentley Personal- Starla and Bentley love their mum- they are just beginning to adjust to this newbie smell :)

things will be okay -- with time patience and love- take it slow with the introductions - ** vet check clear on baby kitty important* I would keep separated for now. Give each individual mum lovin - the balance will come-

Sometimes it just takes longer with a lot of praise, play, cross scenting , and treats :) go at their own pace-

I am doing intros now too.. Toby walked around complaining - now he is playing and cuddling and grooming the other kitty-. It took two months before they slept together next to me-- my others are adjusting quicker-

Shower Bentley with a little extra one on one time -play n snuggle- I walk around with a bag of treats n Da bird toy making it fun and yummy when they meet- I keep the meet n greets short - then separate on a good note to their own rooms and build up time each day until they free roam- all 4 come running now for treats right next to each other.

I am sending positive thoughts for baby kitty's vet. You have a new baby so that's a great gotcha day!

**Gotcha Days can be loooong with all the preparation, driving, newness, etc-
Anyone here can identify with gotcha day stress :)

((Hugs)) keep us posted on the vet visit

Last edited:

andreanar

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I didn't know you were getting another. First off, congrats! I hope your newbie is ok health wise and I'm sure the other two will come around in time. I'm sure you feel overwhelmed, sorry, hugs.

Lickleone

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Oh hon don't worry about the hissing Tau hissed at his breeder when they brought Riley and his never hissed before or since at anything or any one we think it was all get cats smells in her so please don't think it won't go to normal it will they just need to adjust and they will you've seem it on here many times just may take a lot of patience. As for the sneezing it could be I can't be in heavy blowing air con myself my nose hates it and so does my asthma I've had nose bleeds from ac before it could be a combo of that and a bit stressy bless

Hope vet goes ok can't wait to hear her name and see photos :)

Back