Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Peeing outside litter box

sueve

Lairian
Hi, Kalli is now 13 weeks old and settling in well, he's getting used to my other cats but one has an issue with him. The problem is Kalli uses his litter box(s) regularly but has started peeing outside the litter box, once on the rug and in both cat radiator beds right in front of us!!, how do we stop this?

Yoda mom

Staff member
I would also call the vets office to rule out any medical issues? What gender are you other cars and are they all spayed? Neutered? Have you changed litter box types , litter brand, or litter box location, added any litter deodorizer or washed out box with a different detergent? Are the other kitties letting him get to box? Do you have at least one box per kitty?

I used to give treats to a new kitty as soon as they come out for using the litter box as a positive reinforcement reward and saying"" goooood boooy" with lots of praise-

I also scoop 4 x a day with my multiple cats so they have fresh potty boxes all the time-
Hopeful to hear good updates for Baby Kali :)

sueve

Lairian
The little minx pees in front of us, very brazen!, I have 2 litter boxes for him (one upstairs, one in the kitchen), I scoop as soon as possible. My other cats are mixed moggies and don't use the trays as they prefer to go outdoors.
He is so loving and loves his tummy being rubbed

Back