Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Question about adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skye

Lairian
Hi, my boyfriend and I are looking to adopt a sphynx for our new apartment. Our only concern is the fact they do not like to be left alone for periods of time.

We both have different schedules so the apartment is only empty 4 hours at a time. Is that too much time alone for the cat? Should we be looking into adopting two so they have someone home with them all the time?

Any advice would help. Thank you in advance!

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to sphynxlair, good to have you.
4 hours, isn't long. They, usually sleep. But, if you can afford two at the same time
and afford the care, food, and any medical expenses, then, get two.
But, one will be just fine by themselves, for just a few hours.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
My understanding is that Sphynx are best with another animal companion. So two Sphynx (or sometimes more) are perfect. They really know how to play with each other!

There are those who have a single Sphynx household, myself being one. But Hubby and I are home nearly 24/7. And even though we try to play all the games Max wants (it's great because he teaches US how he wants to play), sometimes I wish we had a second to fill that bit of a gap. But he's certainly not unhappy and incredibly well-dispositioned.

I don't think 4 hours is too long, but if you can house two instead of one, I think that'd be great!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
We have 4 cats total. We have video cams and you would be surprised they usually are sleeping most of the day, or sunning in the windows while we are at work. They get into a routine pretty fast.

Patti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back