Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx cat names I thought would be cool!

savannah mommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Interesting. I've always liked the Roman Pagan God names like Apollo or Atlas or Zeus.

I can't count how many times I've thought of a good name and just flat out forgot it. I always think it's funny when people give their pets human names like Billy Ray Cyrus or Benjamin Franklin (I know it's random). My brother has a dog simply known as "Jeff". Have you ever heard of an animal named Jeff? It makes me laugh thinking about it. When you're at the park and you here someone yell Jeff, I certainly wouldn't associate that name with a dog.

LOL I have two Shih Tzu's one is Bruce Wayne and the other is Bill Gates :LOL:

savannah mommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I like the name Cairo but I had a greyhound named Cairo so I can't use it again. I think it would be a good Sphynx name.

I like the funny names like Kelly ClarkSKIN or something along those lines! :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

I baby sat a Sugar Glider for a short time, gorgeous babies.

Ginger Snaps

Lairian
My brother has a dog simply known as "Jeff". Have you ever heard of an animal named Jeff? It makes me laugh thinking about it. When you're at the park and you here someone yell Jeff, I certainly wouldn't associate that name with a dog.

My friend named her kitty "Peter" which cracks me up every time I hear her call him.

I named my kitties "Dobby" and "Winky" after the Harry Potter House Elves. (Winky was featured only in the books, not in the movies)

BaldKarma

Lairian
im trying to think of short but sweet dainty name for our lil girl were getting soon,we thought of karma because thats our moto "karmas a b*tch" and ive worked hard and me and my wife deserve some good karma ,but at the same time we dont wanna be calling out karma just seems wierd...to me atleast we want something we wont have to shorten we liked lola or lilly but our italian greyhound is named luigi since hes italian my 5yo at the time daughter wanted to name him after the mario bros charachter but we call him lulu so we dont want them getting confused,months ago when having a female sphynx like i wanted was out of the question i literally had 10 perfect names now im drawing a blank.

momofmaxamillon

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
im trying to think of short but sweet dainty name for our lil girl were getting soon,we thought of karma because thats our moto "karmas a b*tch" and ive worked hard and me and my wife deserve some good karma ,but at the same time we dont wanna be calling out karma just seems wierd...to me atleast we want something we wont have to shorten we liked lola or lilly but our italian greyhound is named luigi since hes italian my 5yo at the time daughter wanted to name him after the mario bros charachter but we call him lulu so we dont want them getting confused,months ago when having a female sphynx like i wanted was out of the question i literally had 10 perfect names now im drawing a blank.

Used to be a cute sit com that came on that I liked to watch when you said karma it reminded me of it the name of the show was called Darhma anyway just thought I would throw that out there.:Smile:

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
My parents took me to a cat show when I was a kid, and for almost 15 hrs, I told everyone I was going to get a sphynx cat and name him Moses. So, that is exactly what I did! Now I have Moses, and a little girl named Fluffy. In all fairness, she was a rescue, and came with that name, so her official given family name is Mary Magdeline. But since she had the name Fluffy, she got to keep it. But when she is in trouble, it is Mary Magdeline (like when she crawled in the pot of spaghetti sauce!)

Jen

kyles74

Lairian
I always knew when I got my 1st Sphynx that it would be called Fluffy..... I'll be stuck for a name though if I get a 2nd? Maybe Yoda or Afro :BigSmile:

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Re: Egyptian Sphynx names

Egyptian names

Amun - God of creation -boy

Horus - God of heavens - boy

Jamila - beautiful - girl

Kanika - black cloth - girl

Nailah - successful - girl

Mariasha - perfect one - girl

Busiris - temple of osiris - boy

Myrrh - natural scent - boy

Nashwa - wonderful feeling - girl

Ptah - earth god - boy

Paki - a witness - boy

They're all really cool names!:ThumbsUp: I like Nashwa the best. Reminds me of Nashua in New Hampshire. I always feel wonderful when I go up north.:BigSmile:

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
LOL I have two Shih Tzu's one is Bruce Wayne and the other is Bill Gates :LOL:

LOL, Jeff. I wouldn't think they were calling a dog, unless they whistled & said, 'here Jeff, c'mon, boy". I named 1 of my white cats, Owen; after Owen Wilson. Mr. Wilson's nickname is Butterscotch Stallion, & my Owen has butterscotch points with blue eyes. He also has a bump on his nose just like the actor. So, I thought the name fit well:LOL:.

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hi Everyone! Are there any names for boy cats that are white or pink? My other Sphynx are named Nefertiti & Ishtar, both girls. My new kitten will be a boy, & it looks like he is white/pink!!! Any suggestions? I am so excited!:BigSmile::BigSmile::BigSmile:

English Dave

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi Everyone! Are there any names for boy cats that are white or pink? My other Sphynx are named Nefertiti & Ishtar, both girls. My new kitten will be a boy, & it looks like he is white/pink!!! Any suggestions? I am so excited!:BigSmile::BigSmile::BigSmile:

How about Marshie... they make pink and white marshmallows :LOL:

savannah mommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

I searched the baby names online. Amazing what you can find. Congrats!

Kontar: egyptian for only son
Moswen: egyptian for light skinned
Oubastet: egyptian for cat
Rashidi: egyptian for wise
Thabit: egyptian for strong
Ufa: Egyptian for flour (white) :Wink:

Last edited:

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
My favorite Sphynx cat name is "Disco Nofurno". That cracked me up! I had a few names picked out when I got my Sphynx kitten: Won Ton, Chernobyl, Shadowfax (Gandalf's horse in Lord of the Rings), Roswell. After meeting my kitten I realised he looked just like "Nosferatu" the famous Vampire-black and white 1930's movie. His fingers looked just like the vampires' and the pale skin helped too! We took the S out of it to make No fur atu...which some people think is dorky but I like it. My second favorite cat name is "Sushi". I attached a pic of Nosfuratu...

Yes, I see the resemblence! Those old school horror characters were real creepy!:Woo:

TwoSphynx

Lairian
I had an enormous list of names ranging from designer jewellery, cars, watches, etc and finally decided I wanted my boys to have strong names when they grew up. Hence Zeus and Hades.

It took me 4 days to decide on their names :))

naked_kitty

Lairian
What a fun thread! I don't have my Sphynx yet but I know I want a French name since I am getting them from Quebec, Canada, and I want the name to be cute in French and English. The retiring female I am getting is named Fleury which means flowery. I will be getting a female baby with her and I am leaning towards Duveteux which means fluffy in French, lol. I like the play on the word and hairless cat and the fact that it's not obvious unless someone asks what it means. I am also considering Plume, Soleil, Cocotte, Pelouche, Coucou and Cadeau.

Jenn.Dios

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We had a cat named Reality, which lead to another cat we named Fable. I like Swindles name, and Fiona I got from Burn Notice. Our dog is Grimlock, I don't think I'd name a cat that. Argus is our dsh cat's name. lol

Jenn.Dios

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
What a fun thread! I don't have my Sphynx yet but I know I want a French name since I am getting them from Quebec, Canada, and I want the name to be cute in French and English. The retiring female I am getting is named Fleury which means flowery. I will be getting a female baby with her and I am leaning towards Duveteux which means fluffy in French, lol. I like the play on the word and hairless cat and the fact that it's not obvious unless someone asks what it means. I am also considering Plume, Soleil, Cocotte, Pelouche, Coucou and Cadeau.

Cosette is my FAV french girl name. From Les Miserables.

Streaker

Lairian
I love the idea of giving a Sphynx a human name. I like the pantheon names, but since so many breeders use them (dogs, horses, etc....) they are kind of cliche. I know my boy's name isn't terribly original ("Streaker") but his dam's name is "Boodilicious", so in respect and tradition, I named him using part of the parents' names. So on paper, he is "Naked Boodi Streakin". I like names that sound very distinguishing and formal, of course, you call them whatever you want around the house, heh.

OnOsMom

Lairian
My first sphynx came with a name as he was older, but my second was a baby. I named him Otto...his registered name is Otto Be A Centerfold. I just couldn't help it since he's naked.

On a different note, Otto's older brother recently entered kitty heaven, I'm hoping to get him a new brother in the next year or so, so I'm loving the other name suggestions. Thanks.

Caylynn

Lairian
My husband and I are Stargate SG-1 fans (actually, fans of the whole franchise), so I always wanted to call a Sphynx by the name "Teal'c" (Jaffa in SG-1 who was bald for the first part of the series).

Dragonheart came with his name (he is Hair'n'skin Dragonheart) and Merlin just seemed to go with that theme (he's Miraclelove Bijan). I do like fantasy names, being a huge fan of fantasy novels, so anything from any of my favourite fantasy authors would work as a name.

I'm also fascinated by ancient Egypt and Rome, so love ancient Roman and Egyptian names. Isis, Osiris, Caesar, Cleopatra, Julia, Hatshepsut, Ramses, etc. would all be good names for a Sphynx, I think.

Back