Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

sphynx clothing pattern

Trulyblessed324

Lairian
Does anyone know where you can buy/ find a pattern to make shirts? dog shirts just don't work for my 2 because they are too short and I really don't have $$$ for all the shirts that 2 cats would need in 2 different sizes of course right now with 3 birthdays coming up so id really like to just make them shirts. My poor boy doesn't wanna leave his blankets and i have a feeling once the a/c is on it'll get even worse for him. any help is appreciated. thanks

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
If you have just one, that fits, or might need, to, be a little longer,
shorter, etc. Adjust. Take the one, that fits, apart, in the middle,
and make your own pattern.

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I got a pattern for a dog dress on etsy and have made and remade it at least 10 times to suit our needs. Mostly I make harness shirts and jackets, since the Dreadful Duet don't like to wear clothes.

Arili O

Lairian
Jamie is too small for most commercial pet clothes (and I don't want to buy him stuff he'll grow out of) so right now I'm making him shirts from socks. Basically you cut off the toe, then cut the ankle/leg portion to the length you need, then cut 'armholes' (for his front legs) in the heel part of the sock. The heel bump is perfect for his chest. I've also seen people do similar things using sleeves from shirts. Depending on how big you need the ... shirt tube? part to be, you could use a long sleeve shirt instead of a sock. You can sew/glue the holes and hem or leave them raw. Use either something you never wear, or go to a thrift store and buy a $2 special in the size your kitty needs. :)

Here's one YouTube link:

I pulled that up by Googling "make a kitten shirt from sleeve".

Here's my Jamester in a shirt made from a man's dress sock. I added slits at the end of the back that I stretched to make what we call "butt strings". They keep his shirt from rolling up off his potbelly into his little armpits. You can get the gist by googling something like "kitten shirt from socks" or whatever. I hope this helps!

13151576_1004973969588191_3847098358775160417_n.jpg

13177449_1004973499588238_3108720365272308162_n.jpg

13118995_1004973649588223_2812774316545453054_n.jpg

Melody

Lairian
Does anyone know where you can buy/ find a pattern to make shirts? dog shirts just don't work for my 2 because they are too short and I really don't have $$$ for all the shirts that 2 cats would need in 2 different sizes of course right now with 3 birthdays coming up so id really like to just make them shirts. My poor boy doesn't wanna leave his blankets and i have a feeling once the a/c is on it'll get even worse for him. any help is appreciated. thanks
I will put my $.02 cents in. Lol. I find with a search on u tube you can find something that will give you a start on anything. Even a free how to for a dog works because it will tell you how to measure. You can get a old sheet even from a yard sale to try then shift it how you need. If you still need help let me know and I will mail or fax a pattern I made that works you can try.

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I know many people who use baby onesies. They cut off the bottom and either leave it, sew it, or use fabric glue to seal the bottom. You can get many onesies in several sizes for very cheap.
Screenshot_20170409-230154.png

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I made one! Lol well it's fully a dress, but it is two pieces. It's a "pattern" so it fits your baby perfectly because it uses their measurements. It's a neck, gut and length measurement, then the arm holes. Not the standard pattern, which might be what you are looking for.

HOW TO: Shirt and Skirt

Melody

Lairian
I will put my $.02 cents in. Lol. I find with a search on u tube you can find something that will give you a start on anything. Even a free how to for a dog works because it will tell you how to measure. You can get a old sheet even from a yard sale to try then shift it how you need. If you still need help let me know and I will mail or fax a pattern I made that works you can try.
I know many people who use baby onesies. They cut off the bottom and either leave it, sew it, or use fabric glue to seal the bottom. You can get many onesies in several sizes for very cheap. View attachment 76562
the onesies are a great idea for my Maltese babies but Ben the Sphinx would walk right out the neck hole. I am going to make some from the dollar market into these for the Maltese. Thanks so much.

Jynxified

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I use onesies on Saphira and if I find the neck is to open I cut some slots and weave a rubbon or string and just tighten it up a bit. elastic may work as well. Other than that I cut a hole in the bottom for her tail and bathroom access and she is good to go. I also shop for onesies at second hand stores. I have also found some good preme shirts i use as well.

SphynxMami

Lairian
I've been making my babies' clothes out of baby onesies. To solve the neck opening I bought some snap on buttons and placed them where the opening would be a little tighter. They work great but I'll be making outfits for them soon with some flannel. Wish me luck! :)
-PAXP-deijE.gif
9.jpg

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
following o_o
we do have an awesome Belgium lady that makes them cheap but my little one grows so fast I rather wait and make a few simple once myself, or attempt too soon and get her well made shirts when she has her steady adult posture. :joyful:

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
This Etsy selller sells a 3D cat pattern. I am not sure how accurate it is since I haven't used it myself.

Ok that's actually super cute and seems suspiciously cheap in euro's.
Edit: ooh it's a print out and build yourself. Ok.
But I do wonder, since our naked once come in all shapes and sizes, gonne see if I can figure out how it works, I might order a few then maybe to try.
Edit: so I'll only need one to try so am going to order it although Safira is still to little for clothing actually, but maybe I can make a smaller one based on that one too. We'll see!
And probably end up with the fabric sew to my hand like my dad's sock last time instead of not on my hand... *sigh*
I will blame you for that Adam if that happens again! :hilarious::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ok so we downloaded it, didn't cut it out yet or made it.
But that is really clearly one big adult sphynx. We hold it against our little girl and laughed our ----- off (the poor thing) on how tiny she is compared too the pattern.
We still need to get some carton box and those spike things, but we'll get it set up.
And then see to make a smaller version of it or well, attempt too at least.

Back