TWO WEEKS!

Discussion in 'Sphynx Cat Talk' started by bthomas, Feb 22, 2012.

1. bthomas

bthomas V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $141.00
    Two weeks from today, at 5 am, I will be flying out to Michigan to pick up my new lil man!!! I am so excited, I hope I can sleep these next fourteen days- I have a busy schedule up until I pick him up!!!

Also- have I mention how incredibly stoked I am to meet Susi and her famous gang of Sphynx, and Pearlie and Beanie! Don't be too jealous, but I understand if you are- I can't wait to meet her and all the cats, I'll be sure to take pictures to show you all!!

I hope time flies these next two weeks, I just want Ralph home!! :)

2. jvitagliano

jvitagliano Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $87.00
    I know the anticipation you're feeling! I still have about 8 or 9 weeks before my little girl will be ready to come home! I count down the days and I do actually have trouble sleeping at night! Good luck! :BigSmile:

3. snarkitty

snarkitty Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $39.00
    Heeee! Ralph is such a cutie!! You might have to get a white fluffy boa and pretend it's Pearlie's tail for him to play with or he might be sad :Wink:

4. Don Waffle

Don Waffle Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $1,808.18
    Yay for count downs!!! And it's a good thing you have a bunch to keep you busy in the mean time! I have 4 days left until my little girl flies in. :BigSmile: Saying I can't wait until she's here is a HUGE understatement! I am grossly excited to get my little lady in my arms!! :BigSmile:
    Here is to a fast passing 2 weeks!! Yippy!!

5. bthomas

bthomas V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $141.00
    Only 9 more days!!!
    I hope Ralph is ready for two flights home :)

6. Boonecat

Boonecat Gold Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $3,502.66
    • Scary sphynx
    I wish I was going with you to meet Susi & her gang. Yes, I'm jealous:BigSmile: You're lucky you have a busy schedule. It helped my 5 week wait for Sheldon more bearable.

susi794 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. bthomas

bthomas V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $141.00
    Well, I'm just recuperating from having my wisdom teeth removed- I'm not feeling too miserable, but the discomfort is getting worse as the numbing medication wears off. I'm sure tomorrow won't be too fun, but oh well- I'm just glad they are out finally!

I know I'm going to be feeling better in the next three to four days, because the excitement of picking Ralph up is going to make me forget everything else!!

Only 6 DAYS from today!! Woo!
    Susi and the Sphynx gang- get ready for me!! Haha :)

Ralph- I hope you are ready for an eight hour trip home to Oregon!

8. susi794

susi794 Moderator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
    $31,738.36
    • Scary sphynx
    • Puppy
    • Red Sphynx
    • Pink Sphynx
    • Orange Sphynx
    Ralph says he can do it with his eyes closed---as a matter of fact that's just what he plans to do. Sleep on the big, scary machine thing. He says he will try to be a good boy. I am sick like a dog...just hoping I will feel better by the time you get here! Would so much like to enjoy our short time together, have a nice meal, play with the kitties and send you and Ralph off on his big adventure and new life with his Daddy, his brother Elvis, his doggies and his horses! I will miss him like crazy because he is my lap purring buddy, but I know he will have a great life with you, Ben!

9. SphynxKid

SphynxKid Gold Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $36,231.94
    Geesh-
    Ben, I hope you are better soon. Susi, you too! I wasn't going to mention it cause I'm not one to mention when I'm sick much but I spent a night in the hospital this weekend with a little bout of swelling in my noggin (cerebral edema/meningitis). But man, sounds like we just need to shut the lair down and fumigate it. Over half my office has been out sick this week too- I'm not taking blame tho, I was NOT contagious and stayed home when I was sick. I think iread spencer's mom jenilyn was sick too. I hope all of the sickly people start feeling better soon!!

Jen

10. Catzzzmeow

Catzzzmeow Moderator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
    $151,857.12
    • Scary sphynx
    Oh...so happy you share all the excitement. I am so jealous you are seeing Susi and the crew. Please do me a favor...give Candy Cane a kiss for me. Hubby and I have had pillow talk over that baby and we have wished her the best. Keep us posted and be sure to take lots of pics. No doubt you are getting a hug in with Susi...she seem so warm and genuine...give an extra tight squeeze for us :)

So still keeping Ralph as the name or waiting to see if something fits better when he is yours?

patti

susi794 and (deleted member) like this.
  11. bthomas

bthomas V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $141.00
    Haha, I sure hope he does sleep the entire time- it will be a lot easier on him if he just relaxes and sleeps it all off! I'm so excited to have him as a travel buddy!! :)
    I'm sure you will miss him, but you won't be losing him! He will be a member of the lair family forever, and you will constantly be bombarded with updates and pictures!! He will never forget his mama Susi and his Michigan family!! Who knows, maybe we will have a reunion one day? Haha. :)

Sending good vibes your way to feel better soon! I don't want you to be feeling awful and have to drive to the airport and everything feeling sick!

12. bthomas

bthomas V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $141.00
    Dang, that doesn't sound like a fun time at all! Glad you are out of the hospital and on the mend!
    I'm not feeling too miserable, so hopefully by next week I won't feel too crappy for my day trip to Michigan!

We probably should shut the lair down and fumigate it- I have noticed a lot of people aren't feeling well either! Haha (laughing at the thought of fumigating a website, not at all the sick members!)

13. bthomas

bthomas V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $141.00
    I will be sure to take a ton of pictures, and give Candy Cane lots of love from the lair (I know everyone hear wants to meet her!).

For now, it is remaining Ralph. I have a name I think might fit well, but I have to see in person- so far I think Ralph is a perfect fit! I will be sure to update everyone on that, but for now refer to him as Ralph! Haha :)
    Susi said I can change his name, but I'm going to have to make sure she approves- and that Ralph approves as well!

14. ilovemysphynx

ilovemysphynx Administrator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
    $4,629.04
    • Fish
    • Dragon fly
    • Candy
    Gosh all I have to say is you are sure lucky, along with candy cane please give Susi a huge hug for me!!!! Be sure to be a good guest while you are there, she is a special lady!!!!:Wink:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  15. susi794

Sphynx Bucks:
    $31,738.36
    • Scary sphynx
    • Puppy
    • Red Sphynx
    • Pink Sphynx
    • Orange Sphynx
    Awwww......I love you too Heather. Ben will be a GREAT guest! Poor guy won't have much time to be anything else. Besides, he's a sweetie! A perfect match for the sweetest little boy ever!

16. bthomas

bthomas V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $141.00
    I will be sure to give Susi a hug for you, and be a great guest four the three an a half/four hours I'm with her!

17. bthomas

bthomas V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $141.00
    Only 2 more days of waiting! I'm awake at 1 am on Monday just thinking through my schedule for the rest of the day, Tuesday- and then I fly out at 5 am Wednesday morning!!

32 hours left!!

18. NYYoda

NYYoda V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $101.00
    Cool! You are getting closer to the big event :BigSmile::Wink:
    It is only a few hours now!
    I wish you a great experience with your new lil baby!:BigSmile:

19. susi794

Sphynx Bucks:
    $31,738.36
    • Scary sphynx
    • Puppy
    • Red Sphynx
    • Pink Sphynx
    • Orange Sphynx
    We'll be waiting.....

20. Catzzzmeow

Catzzzmeow Moderator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
    $151,857.12
    • Scary sphynx
    So excited for both of you to meet

21. snarkitty

snarkitty Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $39.00
    Haha me too! I'm living vicariously through your count down, Ben! :LOL: Less than 24 hours!

22. emosmom

emosmom Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $69.00
    the last night is the hardest you know you should sleep but you cant because you are just to darn excited. i remember the countdown and the last night and the trip to get emo. its still so fresh. i know the feeling. so excited for you .best wishes for a safe fun trip. give ralph an extra kiss for me and give susi a hug for me

23. bthomas

bthomas V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $141.00
    Haha, how great! Not much longer!

24. bthomas

bthomas V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $141.00
    Thanks so much, will do!