Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Will my 5year old sphynx accept the new cat?

epo

Lairian
afternoon nap today on my bed :)
(48 hours after the first meeting)
CAM00896.jpg

epo

Lairian
update: the last night they spent together in the living room, where usually my cat sleeps. and they were OK:)
now the little one let the other cat sniff him without worring... and he sniffs back! they touch each others noses sometimes, its a good sign, right?:)

susi794

Staff member
Wow, this has gone very well! They look like they will be best friends before you know it! Your original one is sooo cute and has a great personality! The new one is lucky to have found a new family and a new friend and playmate.

epo

Lairian
thanks!
i was suprised that my cat has a great sense to kids :)
maybe because we had a rescued chiuaua before, and the dog always wanted to play with my cat :)

Lady

Lairian
I got three kittens they hiss and growl even puff up at times, it can look very rough at times. They are siblings and when they dont wrestle and play they often lay together snugling and cleaning eachother. Its two boys and a girl even the girl joins the "fights" and even instigates them now and then lol

Baby Blu

Lairian
I went thru this recently. My vet said you just had to let them his and fight. So that they know what they can and can't do. She said there just like kids. They will love each other in the end after boundaries are set btw them. It will take time. Good luck

epo

Lairian
thanks for the replies. actually the two cat is absolutely good together. no fighting at all, only wrestling-playing. no hissing, or anything. i cant believe i am this lucky with them!! :)

andreanar

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Congrats to you! Wonderful to read your updates and then to see them hugging at the end. Just awesome! Your new guy looks like a Don Sphynx to me.
(?)

epo

Lairian
Congrats to you! Wonderful to read your updates and then to see them hugging at the end. Just awesome! Your new guy looks like a Don Sphynx to me.
(?)
actually i dont really know. i got him from somehow who wasnt able to keep him, but no papers at all. but he is definietly different, my other spynx cat is not the same.

Back