Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

1, 2, 3, 4...

Sphynx Happy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I think we all set a kitten/animal/pet limits for ourselves. I think my sphynx limit would be 5. What's yours?

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
We live in a condo and 3 cats is the limit...or we are fined $50 a month if over 3 cats as association is afraid of cat hoarders(pathetic). Since our Bengal is 16 and we are starting to "feel" signs of him aging we just talked should we think about another Sphnyx and just keep the blinds closed down stairs so no one knows we have 4 and we do not get fined ...lol. This way Jouët has a friend and someone who keeps up with her. Hubby just said if we get 13 yes votes from the Lair we should just go for it :) Who says just do it or play by the rules (either way we would pay the fine)

He says 13 votes ...I say 30...they call me Patti Planner for a reason. Let the count begin....

lucylue

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We live in a condo and 3 cats is the limit...or we are fined $50 a month if over 3 cats as association is afraid of cat hoarders(pathetic). Since our Bengal is 16 and we are starting to "feel" signs of him aging we just talked should we think about another Sphnyx and just keep the blinds closed down stairs so no one knows we have 4 and we do not get fined ...lol. This way Jouët has a friend and someone who keeps up with her. Hubby just said if we get 13 yes votes from the Lair we should just go for it :) Who says just do it or play by the rules (either way we would pay the fine)

He says 13 votes ...I say 30...they call me Patti Planner for a reason. Let the count begin....

I vote yes

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I vote yes too. Our self-imposed limit is 3 cats of any breed at a time, but at the rate Kermit is going (he's 18 years old now), he will live well into his 20s. I am not waiting that long for another Sphynx, so we may stretch our limit to 4 cats. Btw, we lived in a couple of apartments that had 2-cat limits. At the time we had 3 solid colored cats-one each white, black and grey. Usually only one cat at a time sat in the front windows, and everyone we met thought we only had 1cat! I guess they thought the cat got darker as the day went on!! Nobody caught on that there was more that 1cat with us!!

pittygirl

Lairian
Ha ha are you asking MY limit or the limit set by my family/friends/by law? I have a dog, a hairy cat, and my baby Merlin...........that's 3 (I guess by count it's 3, but the dog is 140lbs which is way bigger than me so I kinda count her as least 2 lol). Sometimes I think I'm maxed out but then I think back to when I was rescuing and I had 3 large dogs and at least 2 cats, most of the time 3..............and I think, wow, I can have another 2 Sphynx:BigSmile:. But then reality strikes again...............so to make a long story short, I will TRY to stay with 1 Sphynx but, knowing myself very well, I understand that if the perfect opportunity presented itself, I just might change my mind in the future:)

Sphynx Happy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

i vote HELL YEAH!!!! :Laugh::Smile:

Cathie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My vote is yes,
And right now I have 6 Sphynx, and 6 horses. I woudl like a dog, but need to down size Cats first.

Inflamed

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
If you really want another I vote yes too Patti!
As for me, for now my limit is two. Living space wise and budget wise. I also like that I'm able to pick up two at a time; three would not fit in my arms...

Alimoore

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
First off, count likes as YES. I'm pretty sure you have enough votes already :LOL::ThumbsUp: I'm trying to decide what to do about my condo thing and cats. I know that some people around us have 2 cats, but idk if I should tell my landlord or not. He never comes around and it would save me a lot of money. Any suggestions? Josh sets our limit at two, but he also said we would never have more than Akali and look who is getting a new baby :LOL::LOL::LOL: we will see how long that last. MY limit would probably be 4 :LOL:

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member

i vote HELL YEAH!!!! :Laugh::Smile:

your hell yeah response is so us....it is bitter sweet. I cried after posting as I know we have been so lucky with our life and our babies. Our Bengal has bounced back well so far but at age 16 we need to be realistic.We are so lucky and will always do our best for them, but just not easy to think ahead, but in the end know it is best and healthy for Jouët to have an partner in crime.

Sphynx Happy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
your hell yeah response is so us....it is bitter sweet. I cried after posting as I know we have been so lucky with our life and our babies. Our Bengal has bounced back well so far but at age 16 we need to be realistic.We are so lucky and will always do our best for them, but just not easy to think ahead, but in the end know it is best and healthy for Jouët to have an partner in crime.

Aww Patti. I know in the end you'll do what's best for all involved. You care so much about your babies and it shows. What illness was Loki suffering from?

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member

Aww Patti. I know in the end you'll do what's best for all involved. You care so much about your babies and it shows. What illness was Loki suffering from?

Big sigh...we still do not know. He is 16...$500 + later and we have no answers. He will be finished with antibiotic and steroid this week and we will take back for more tests next week. He is doing SO much better, and is more like the Loki we know, love and drives us crazy...lol but we are realistic. We see signs and do not want to be taken off guard like our loss with leeloo. His tests showed he is anemic...after meds we hope to see improvement that sustains, but we truly understand. I have worried 2 weeks sitting with him, trying new foods, baby food, hand feeding, force feeding etc. I cannot enjoy my own meal without checking on how he is doing....gulp. That is just me. He looks good and has that twinkle back in his eyes, but my gut says something else and if you follow my posts...always and I mean ALWAYS trust your gut...it is seldom wrong.

live2flythesky

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I vote yes too!

As far as my perfect number, if my living situation were different, I'd have two dogs and two Sphynx.

emilie

Lairian

10000% YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :BigSmile:

Lickleone

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I would like one more but I don't think I can cause of living in a studio granted a nice sized one but would hate to be selfish and a new baby ends up miserable cause of space. I could move but I have the most amazing landlords!!!

Sphynx Happy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Big sigh...we still do not know. He is 16...$500 + later and we have no answers. He will be finished with antibiotic and steroid this week and we will take back for more tests next week. He is doing SO much better, and is more like the Loki we know, love and drives us crazy...lol but we are realistic. We see signs and do not want to be taken off guard like our loss with leeloo. His tests showed he is anemic...after meds we hope to see improvement that sustains, but we truly understand. I have worried 2 weeks sitting with him, trying new foods, baby food, hand feeding, force feeding etc. I cannot enjoy my own meal without checking on how he is doing....gulp. That is just me. He looks good and has that twinkle back in his eyes, but my gut says something else and if you follow my posts...always and I mean ALWAYS trust your gut...it is seldom wrong.

Can you keep me updated on Loki please? Even if it means shooting me a quick PM or email. I know not getting any answers must be hard on you. All we can do I think is enjoy him for what time he has left with us, however long that is. My heart goes out to you. (((hugs)))

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member

Can you keep me updated on Loki please? Even if it means shooting me a quick PM or email. I know not getting any answers must be hard on you. All we can do I think is enjoy him for what time he has left with us, however long that is. My heart goes out to you. (((hugs)))

Sure will. Thank you for you kind words. He looks good right now, but as you can see in videos he just cannot keep up with her lol.

Back