Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

10 Things you didn't know about me

sphynxmoms

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
This is a game to help us get to know each other. You just list 10 fun/unknown things about yourself for us to get to know you!

1. I donate blood and platelets regularly.
2. I have 3 human children,(2 boys, 1 girl) 3 canine children (1 male Alapaha blue blooded bulldog, 1 female Alapaha blue blooded bulldog and 1 rescued boxer mix) 1 Rocky Mountain Quarter horse and we are awaiting the birth of our next NAKID!!!!
3. I work overnights but am naturally an early morning person....so insomnia is my best friend!!!
4. I have a 4 yr old Grandson that I adore!
5. I love hiking and mountain climbing.
6. I was a special Ed. teacher for 12 yrs but gave it up to be a stay at home Mom when my kids were young!
7. I love to draw and paint
8. I am a self taught cake artist and use the skills to raise money for charity (animal rescues and our troops)
9. I am turning 50 this year and was just "found" by 3 biological siblings I never knew...I have just recently met them and am enjoying getting to know them (1 brother, 2 sisters)
10. In June will be my 19th Wedding Anniversary ( I turned my hubby down the 1st 6x he asked me to marry him)

Please play and have fun getting to know each other!!!

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
1. I am a college student
2. I absolutely love the arts whether it's drama, singing, drawing or whatnot
3. I'm am in school studying mostly biology and psychology. The goal is to become a family practitioner (doctor)
4. I can fake my way through a conversation in French lol did Yup French immersion from play school till grade 10/11. But what I learned is sadly useless
5. I am very interested in the holocaust, mostly the concentration camps and the experiments and all that, not so much the war part. I have been reading about it since grade four, it is actually what got me reading.
6. I love reading! But, sadly, it have to be realistic/real. I would love to read Harry Potter but it is too far into fantasy sadly.
7. I adore movies. If you ever need a good one I have a list of recommendations! Especially if you like mind-job ones.
8. In some way my goal is to leave an impact on the world. Whether it is done person-by-person or on a huge scale, it will be done! Lol
9. I love trying to make people smile and/or laugh
10. I love to travel and have a nice list of places I want to go :) just not alone lol I'm not that brave!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Great thread @sphynxmoms Nice to get to know you better. Would love to see a painting that you made. I know your cakes look delicious.
@Maddie a family practicioner is a great goal. I'm sure you'll succeed! And just start travelling on your own. It's so much fun and you'll meet lots of people. Pick out the right countries and it's very safe!

1. In august I'll be single for 12,5 years. Time to celebrate (in the Netherlands couples celebrate when they are together for 12,5 years)

2. I once thought sphynx are ugly and always said I would never get a sphynx cat. Think there was something wrong with my brain at that time:). Now I have 3 sphynxes

3. I love to travel around the world on my own

4. I crochet (but I'm not good)

5. I love walking and biking but hate to sport

6. I like to make food in my dehydrator. Just on to it since a few months so need to practice a lot

7. I would love to have a dog, specially a white shepard.

8. I hate hot days. In summer I'm the one that's complaining :).

9. I'm a bird watcher (only when I'm travelling though). I went nuts when I saw the quetzal and the blue boobies

10. I can be insecure about my English. A bit afraid to express myself in the wrong way and hurting somebody with using the wrong words.

Hope to read about other members as well!

Natasja

Theedaysleeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
1. I'm one class shy of earning my master's degree in counseling psychology
2. I have a bachelor's degree in psychology
3. I'm 3 classes away from a theater arts degree
4. I'm a volunteer G.E.D. tutor to drug addicted single mothers.
5. I'm divorced officially for 6 months this month and celebrating it
6. I'm a gardener, a baker, crafter and a cook all in one.
7. I am a coffee fanatic, and spent 3 years working in an ultra cool underground coffee shop
8. I am allergic to cats
9. I am a speed reader. I peaked at 1100 words per minute with a 90% comprehension rate. I'm slower now though.
10. I donate to the local no-kill animal shelter every year at Christmas in honor of my beloved Yoda cat that passed away.

This is such a fun exercise! I hope lots of people chime in!

Theedaysleeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Great thread @sphynxmoms Nice to get to know you better. Would love to see a painting that you made. I know your cakes look delicious.
@Maddie a family practicioner is a great goal. I'm sure you'll succeed! And just start travelling on your own. It's so much fun and you'll meet lots of people. Pick out the right countries and it's very safe!

1. In august I'll be single for 12,5 years. Time to celebrate (in the Netherlands couples celebrate when they are together for 12,5 years)

2. I once thought sphynx are ugly and always said I would never get a sphynx cat. Think there was something wrong with my brain at that time:). Now I have 3 sphynxes

6. I like to make food in my dehydrator. Just on to it since a few months so need to practice a lot

9. I'm a bird watcher (only when I'm travelling though). I went nuts when I saw the quetzal and the blue boobies

10. I can be insecure about my English. A bit afraid to express myself in the wrong way and hurting somebody with using the wrong words.

Natasja
You speak beautiful english, and need not ever doubt your skill :)

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Toa and Ross lol the places I want to go aren't exactly safe on my own, like India and Peru. I know people do it and that is amazing lol but I'll stick to places where it's more culturally accepted for a women to be alone for that. I'm too paranoid lol

janeypoos84

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
1.im a mummy to 3 humans 12 yr old girl, 8 and 5 year old boys
2.i used to steal kittens as a child I'd take their collars off and take them home always telling my mum I found them in a tree we soon become everyone 1st port of call for lost cats.
3.i have a deaf child, she lost her hearing to meningococcal meningitis when she was 4.
4.im hairdresser even though I don't really like people.
5.i always change into my pj's soon as I get home
6.im shit at geography, not just a bit either.
7.i have not even a handful of friends, I learnt the hard way most people hurt you.
8.im a coffee snob.
9.more than 70% of my body is covered in tattoos.
10.im 33 and most people think I'm in my 20s I hate it!!!

janeypoos84

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@janeypoos84 haha kittens are the best "things" to steal. Dorry to hear your daughter lost her hearing when she was 4. Do you communicate by sign language or lipreading? Or does she has a CI?
Kittens are the best things to steal I agree, though I'd be horrified If one of mine did it now lol.
She's got server hearing loss so though it not completely gone there's not alot to work with. We sign, lipread and she wears hearing aids in both ears, ci was a option but we get by and at the time I felt I couldn't make that choice for her especially after all the hard times we had already had, it felt unfair to subject her to more operations etc. She goes to an amazing se school where sl is main form of communication so it works though if at any point she wanted to go ahead with a CI I would support her fully. She's an amazing little girl I'm a very lucky mummy. She's the happiest smilest most amazing person I know, nothing fazes her and nothing stops her

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

janeypoos84

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

Natasja
Your English is amazing. I'd of nether of guessed it wasn't your first language!!! You write better English than most english people!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
#1 I'm married no Children by choice
#2 I have 1 Sphynx Izmae (Queen Prissy priss)
#3 I raise and break Tn. Walking Horses
#4 I love traveling
#5 I hate summer ( hot weather ) it's 70 here now UGH
#6 I like to cook and bake
#7 I love all animals
#8 My Husband is a Preacher, my best friend, the love of my life
#9 I love Chocolates, my favorite of any flavors
#10 I have had many dogs, never a house cat. Just barn cats

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
1. My husband and I have been together since 2 weeks before we graduated from H.S.
2. I am about 6 inches taller than my husband
3. I love the X-Box game called Gears of War...hubby and love to play the campaign together. Run and Gun! Our
Naked girl Azura is named after the city in the game.
4. I hate repetitive noises....drives me insane!
5. Fall is my favorite season.
6. I enjoy hiking/nature
7. Took up photography for fun and love sharing.
8. I am a bit of a clean freak...no clutter please.
9. I saw my nephew come into this world with his parents and it was a life changing moment 25 years ago.
10. My niece and nephew would agree for sure I am a crazy Aunt and not a crazy cat lady.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Great thread. I love learning more about everyone.

1. I met my Hubby on his BBS (bulletin board service), pre-internet. We got to know each other by text alone for some time before meeting face to face (my co-workers were freaked out that I was going to meet a guy I never met face to face or knew through a mutual party -- clearly Hubby wasn't an axe murderer.)

2. I had an Elegant Gothic Vampire wedding and was taken down a set of stairs in an old classic prop coffin by the wedding party who acted as pall bearers; while Bela Lugosi's Dead by Bauhaus was playing. All guests came in costume and it was a blast.

3. I'm a massive foodie, love to cook, and endeavour to create tasty healthy (or reasonably healthy) meals. I make all my own sauces, soups, stews etc. from scratch. Hubby and I host a few foodie parties every year for our closest friends (past examples are waffles & chicken, everything bacon, and gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches).

4. I absolutely love single malt scotch. After numerous years of sampling I settled on scotches from Islay, my favourite being from the Ardbeg distillery. For their every release I buy an extra bottle that gets stored; only to be opened during a zombie apocalypse (not for molotov cocktails), or at some point later in life when it seems like a good time.

5. I teach primarily medical and legal practitioners how to use advanced speech recognition technologies. I love my job most of the time and have so much fun helping others improve their efficiency.

6. I have always loved taking photos, but never really focused on it. Some time in the next few years I'm determined to buy a DSLR camera with some nice lenses and take at least one photography course. I really want to know what I'm doing!

7. I'm a huge fan of all Sci Fi -- the good and the bad. If I don't get a regular diet of Sci Fi I get a little twitchy. Favourites are the Matrix, Alien, Aliens, the Riddick movies... the list is endless.

8. I have a voracious appetite for learning anything that piques my interest; be it computer applications, food science, history, viruses, medicine, and so on. I have a bit of an obsession with plague doctors.

9. I always have two audio books on the go at any time -- non fiction while in my car and fiction around the house. I read pretty much anything I can find on viruses and many of my fiction books deal with pandemics.

10. Tokyo, Japan, is my favourite place in the world. I love the people, the culture, the food, and history. Whenever I go I feel like I'm coming home.

Looking forward to learning more about everyone else too!

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Xandria have you seen the show the Fringe? It's like a cop show but it's weird stuff going on. Two parallel dimensions. Not sure if it's true Scifi, I think it is though. But you should look into it.
Some/most of it was filmed in vancover lol it was tripping my dad out because he recognized some places.

Back