Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

100% Natural Cat Litters

GioThermal

Lairian
I swear by "Cat Country" in a pink bag with a black and white hairy cat on it. I think it is the best kitty litter for the Sphynx cat because it doesn't stick to their paws and leave kitty shrapnel around the house. And the best part is that you can SCOOP AND FLUSH! I will never use any other kind of kitty litter EVER! Try it out... I bet you will like it much more than the kitty LITTER!

-Ashley and Gio :Laugh:

Brooke

Banned
I swear by "Cat Country" in a pink bag with a black and white hairy cat on it. I think it is the best kitty litter for the Sphynx cat because it doesn't stick to their paws and leave kitty shrapnel around the house. And the best part is that you can SCOOP AND FLUSH! I will never use any other kind of kitty litter EVER! Try it out... I bet you will like it much more than the kitty LITTER!

-Ashley and Gio :Laugh:

I've never seen Cat Country litter...where do you buy it? I'd love to not step on little bits of "kitty shrapnel" everywhere I walk (it's even in my bed, on the complete opposite side of the house! urgh! :Dizzy: How does it get there??)

AthenaSphynx

Lairian
I really like Nature's miracle cat litter. It is a corn based litter and clumps really well and the scent is of pine. I usually don't go for scented litter but I like this one. Unfortunately, I can't buy this in my area so I have bought some world's best which is also made of corn to try and some president's choice corn litter so I can compare the two

. I am hoping the PC works well, because it is 1/4 of the price of the world's best and is a bigger bag. It also comes on sale quite often and I can buy it at the regular grocery store.

bean406

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We used to use Tidy cat but I found the little pellets all over and they started making me crazy:Surprise: I am now using Arm and hammer and I like because it clumps like A brick but the smell is not so great! I am really thinking about the litter robot.

Litter Robot is rad. Only had it about a week but saves a lot of hassle :ThumbsUp:

savannah mommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:I use worlds best. No ammonia smell at all. I am looking into a top entry litter box in hopes of reducing the tracking. Only downside I have it Savannah's under belly gets so dirty after she uses it. So right after bath time her tummy is dirty again :Sad:

megarot

Lairian
Frank has this problem - dirty belly. Some have alluded to on other posts that it could be a yeast problem stemming from World's Best. However, Frank has had 'spots' on his belly since I got him.

He's also been through 3 litters since I got him and he likes World's Best. I like it too - it clumps well and it's not stinky. We're toilet training so whatever the problem is hopefully we'll be done soon enough. In the meantime he's on some holistic treatment that should assist if it is a yeast problem.

If you switching and your kitty's belly clears up I would love to know the outcome.

DrDirt

Lairian
I have used Swheat Scoop for the last 6 years, and it's been great. Flushable, but I usually put the clumps in a plastic grocery bag or take it to the woods. Very little odor, too.

One trick I've found that works to keep litter from tracking all over is to use a hooded box and face the opening about 8-10" to a wall. This eliminates the take-off-and-run-from-the-box response that some Sphynx have. As a result, much less scatter on the floor.

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I use all natural 100% , regular Feline Pine. They do sell a clumping version also. I have 5 cats, & it controls the smell fairly well. I just have to sweep the floor daily from the sawdust, which I don't mind @ all. It is said it can also be used as a mulch for gardens:BigSmile:

If you need a top entry box like the Clever Cat one, please see this link:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Clevercat-Top-Entry-Litter-Box/dp/B0002ZS20I/ref=pd_sim_petsupplies1"]Amazon.com: Clevercat Top Entry Litter Box: Pet Supplies@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31839VWo-rL.@@AMEPARAM@@31839VWo-rL[/ame]

for a "hack" to make your own. There's a short video. I saw the real one today at Petsmart and it's way too small for even a medium sized cat in my opinion. Making your own is much cheaper and you can pick the proper size container for your cat(s) and whatever color you want too.

dobby&GSXR

Lairian
i use tidy cats but still get little litter bits EVERYWHERE! i figured that maybe this would happen with every litter. I tried worlds best and IT WAS SO DUSTY!!! like incredibly dusty, all over the floor and couch and paw prints everywhere. So tidy cats not so dusty but litter bits and sweeping 24/7. i dont know if ill be on a switching litter adventure soon but it would be nice to have something not be all over the place. also the litter robot i was wanting to go on that adventure but i got discouraged cause i read some bad reviews about it smelling, and not being able to fully clean it?? I have heard it is amazing though but the smelling would drive me NUTS. I really have to be able to clean it.

Back