Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

2 year old Sphynx with IBS, need to rehome

carakris

Lairian
I have a wonderful boy who is fixed and front declawed, He has IBS and on a special diet and medication for life. He is my daughter's cat and his health issues are just to much for her. There is no rehoming fee, but needs someone that is able to take care of his special needs. He is a wonderful cat and very loving. He must be picked up will not ship due to his health issues. Must be able to keep up with his medication's to keep his IBS under control. I live in Aiken South Carolina

carleyjthompson

Lairian
Hello,
My name is Carley, I live in Connecticut but am passing through your state later this week for vacation travel. I have a cat with IBS and am a vet tech so I am very familiar with the medical care. I also am very familiar with cats and work in cat rescue. I would love to chat with you about rehoming. Please reach out to me at 860-717-1674 or email is [email protected]
I will be passing through South Carolina on my way home from vacation in Georgia on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Thank you!

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@carakris I commend you for making a hard choice in the best interest of this little boy.

@carleyjthompson I think it's too rushed if you are asking to pick up this kitty tomorrow or the next day. It puts a lot of pressure on the owner to jump to a decision without even knowing you or knowing who else might be interested. Sorry, I'm just being honest. I think everyone needs to be allowed to go through the process at their own speed.

Last edited:

carleyjthompson

Lairian
@carakris I commend you for making a hard choice in the best interest of this little boy.

@carleyjthompson I think it's too rushed if you are asking to pick up this kitty tomorrow or the next day. It puts a lot of pressure on the owner to jump to a decision without even knowing you or knowing who else might be interested. Sorry, I'm just being honest. I think everyone needs to be allowed to go through the process at their own speed.
I understand what you are saying. I would not be available to actually pick up until next week though. Maybe that wasn’t clear. Just want the kitty to have a good home with someone who understands it’s ailments!

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I understand what you are saying. I would not be available to actually pick up until next week though. Maybe that wasn’t clear. Just want the kitty to have a good home with someone who understands it’s ailments!
Oh ok, I misunderstood. I thought you meant this week. I just want it to work out for everyone so this kitty doesn't have to be rehomed again, that's all.

Missiburt

Lairian
I have a wonderful boy who is fixed and front declawed, He has IBS and on a special diet and medication for life. He is my daughter's cat and his health issues are just to much for her. There is no rehoming fee, but needs someone that is able to take care of his special needs. He is a wonderful cat and very loving. He must be picked up will not ship due to his health issues. Must be able to keep up with his medication's to keep his IBS under control. I live in Aiken South Carolina
I sent you a message. Hugs to you having to rehome, I cannot image this is easy but would love to help and give your boy a home.

Leilalover

Lairian
Is it safer for the cat to be in a home with no other cats or dogs because it can't defend itself with being declawed? I assume then there would be a greater chance of the cat having to be rehomed again if it doesn't get along with other animals especially for this reason, correct? Hope someone fits the bill and can give your boy a wonderful home.

Lilliansplace

Lairian
I’m looking for a Sphinx for a personal cat. I’m a vet tech with 30 years experience, I also run a 501c3 kitty rescue. We have our own vet clinic. Keeping up with his requirements would be no problem. My email is [email protected]

Back