Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

24 Weeks!

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have reached the 24 weeks pregnant mark! I still have a fair bit to go (A whole 16 weeks unless I'm early!) I'm already getting inpatient and have had enough of work! And as everyone keeps telling me this is the best part of being pregnant! I just want the baby born though! Want to know that everything is ok with him/her and start to get into our own little routine. I'm not very good at the whole 'being pregnant thing' but Mo loves going to sleep on my tummy! :LOL:

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hopefully it won't get to hot for you this Summer. 24 weeks is a great stage. I love being 30+ weeks, just before you feel like a weeble :LOL: where you can feel the baby really clearly.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am excited for you. I miss being pregnant sometimes, he was much easier to deal with when he was on the inside for sure! My son was supposed to be born April 5th, and he was born April 18th. Don't forget about the torture that is going over your due date.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am excited for you. I miss being pregnant sometimes, he was much easier to deal with when he was on the inside for sure! My son was supposed to be born April 5th, and he was born April 18th. Don't forget about the torture that is going over your due date.

Yep, my first was 10days over:Dizzy:, he arrived one the day they were threatening to induce. They all have their own timeframe, the due date gives you 2 weeks either side.

Very excited for you :BigSmile:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Yeah for 24 weeks! I'm so excited for you, that my feet are swelling in your honor! I was a quick cooker, and delivered all 3 of mine at 36 weeks. Enjoy this wonderful time.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Yah for 24 weeks, You are getting closer! Sounds like you are feeling well, so thats great. We are so excited for you. If you had to guess would you guess boy or girl?

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Sweet!! I can't wait until the little tike is here and we can see photos!!!! I'm so excited for you. I won't worry you with my 3 pregnancy horror stories but I do hope yours goes smoothly and as pleasantly as possible. *HUGS*

susi794

Staff member
We have already decided to have a baby shower for Sam--we are letting Mug-Y's momma make some arrangements about where we can order things online for her....and we don't have the rest of the details arranged yet about how we are actually going to pull it all off.

Bella07

Banned
We have already decided to have a baby shower for Sam--we are letting Mug-Y's momma make some arrangements about where we can order things online for her....and we don't have the rest of the details arranged yet about how we are actually going to pull it all off.

Oh I didn't know about that. Such a wonderful idea though!

susi794

Staff member
We thought so too! Sam has Mug-Y's mom contacted you to ask you what you need? Or a place near you that we can order from online?
Hey everybody--when did we decide we were going to give this shower? I can't remember.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yah for 24 weeks, You are getting closer! Sounds like you are feeling well, so thats great. We are so excited for you. If you had to guess would you guess boy or girl?

I have a very stong feeling that it is a girl! But I guess untill the day it will be a surprise! I will be happy either way as long as it's healthy. But I do feel pretty sure it's a girl! Not sure why!

I'ts doing A LOT of moving!!! I am only tiny so you can see my tummy moving when it's moving around in there! It never gives me a break! I have another scan at 31weeks as they want to check the growth, I've been under too much stress lately! But I'm sure things will be fine

I also feel it may come early! My mum and my grandmas were both early with their pregnancys by 2-3 weeks. So hopefully I won't be late! My sisters friend has just had her baby and she was over 2 weeks late, she was soooo fed up! Don't want that to be me!

I don't know anything about a baby shower! ?

susi794

Staff member
You didn't? I thought it was funny that you never said anything about it--we posted a lot about it. It was after everyone had been so kind to me--so many people sent me things to help and I was so terribly grateful and overwhelmed with the kindness of these folks...so when we found out you were pregnant, I suggested we throw you a Sphynx Lair baby shower--lots of people want to participate and we had a big discussion about when to have it--Marna thinks it was after we found out the sex, but it sounds like you won't know that til the baby is born. Mug-Y's mum was going to check around the U.K. for someplace we could order things online rather than having to post the gifts we buy here. Are you registered anywhere? I am probably jumping the gun here and shouldn't have told you until everyone wanted me to, but after bella07 suggested it again, it reminded me that we hadn't set a date to do it....and I don't see how we can do it as a surprise--we need to know the particulars in order to pull this off--we need to know what you need/want for this baby. Do you want us to go in together toward a bigger thing, or would you prefer individual gifts? We need to get organized! Anyway, we love you Sam--we want you to have what you need and to know that we care about you. I haven't heard any more about rehoming Mo and your other kitty---have you figured out a way to keep them? Anyway, please give possible shower gifts a thought and let me know if you can or already are registered someplace that we can order from that will ship directly to you.
Hugs,
Susi and all the rest of us on the Lair

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That is really sweet of you, and very generous! I never expected anything but thank you! You don't need to buy me anything, however if anyone has hand me downs or knitting it would be appreciated! But it would cost a bit for postage from the US.

susi794

Staff member
That is really sweet of you, and very generous! I never expected anything but thank you! You don't need to buy me anything, however if anyone has hand me downs or knitting it would be appreciated! But it would cost a bit for postage from the US.

We WANT to! So please let me know what you need. I will also need your address if you're willing to give it to me/us so we will know where to ship whatever we get for your baby. Only the people that want to do it will be doing it, so don't be silly--it's fun to shop for babies....will you be having many other showers? When would you like us to have ours? After you have the others so we know what you still need? Or soon, so you can have things ready if you go early? I need your help!!!

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hey everyone!! Been absent for a few days so only just caught up on this thread.

Sam - If you let us know what you want i can order it off of the interwebs (such as MotherCare's website)...we all want to get you something so no more of this 'hand me down' gumpf!!!:Laugh:

Everyone else who wants to participate - I know many of you PM'd me your interest...if you haven't and would like to take part please do....also I have a PayPal account, so people can paypal me the money they want to give and we can arrange to have the present(s) sent straight to Sam. I think it's better to let people put in what they want than agree on a set amount...

Sam - I'm sure I PM'd you about it a while ago :Dizzy: maybe I've gonna madder than I thought!!

I think we should look at having this all sorted by mid-July, so I'm gonna set the closing date as 16th July so I can get everything ordered in time...

Does that sound ok to everyone??

X

susi794

Staff member
So, what if we want to give an individual gift? Is there a website we can use and have it sent directly to Sam? So we would have an option to send money to PayPal account for a group gift or an individual one ordered directly from the site?

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I love the thought of a baby shower for Sam. I'm so in. I'll PM you Mug-ys Mumma.

Sorry Sam, no hand me downs for a Sphynx Lair baby!

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So, what if we want to give an individual gift? Is there a website we can use and have it sent directly to Sam? So we would have an option to send money to PayPal account for a group gift or an individual one ordered directly from the site?

You could try mothercare.co.uk or amazon.co.uk...i'm not sure if the UK version of Amazon works the same way as the US but i can order things on the US version with my UK bank card and have them sent straight to my dad in Texas so I'm guessing things maybe the same with the UK version...

X

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You are all so nice! I would never of expected this! Thank you so much! I don't have a lot of stuff at all yet, just the cot which i had as a baby! (My mum kept it!) and my mum and dad bought me a buggy! So I guess I need little clothes, blankets, bedding, the essentials really, but don't go mad! I don't want people to spend lots of money on me! I will email my address to you. But thanks again really, you didn't need to!

Back