Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

3 new toys to recommend!!

bean406

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ok, so it was finally time to order Lilo a few new toys and everything has been a huge success so I have to share :Cool:.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002DHV16"]Amazon.com: Cat Dancer 301 Cat Charmer Interactive Cat Toy: Pet Supplies@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41mnsZPpYtL.@@AMEPARAM@@41mnsZPpYtL[/ame]

This is a really simple toy but it keeps her little hunter instincts going for a long time!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001JQLKUS"]Amazon.com: KONG Kickeroo Pattern #3 Catnip Cat Toy, Tiger: Pet Supplies@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41kjzf-Bc5L.@@AMEPARAM@@41kjzf-Bc5L[/ame]

I underestimated how big this bugger is but it's really lightweight and easy for them to handle. It has catnip inside which makes her want to stalk it, pounce it, and kick the crud out of the thing--entertaining for everyone!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CMKHDG"]Amazon.com: Colorful Springs Cat Toy - Wide - 10 pk.: Pet Supplies@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31NLn31HS2L.@@AMEPARAM@@31NLn31HS2L[/ame]

Last but not least the springs! I also didn't order these because I figured they would get lost but everything else seems to get under furniture anyways so why not! She has really enjoyed these and will stalk them and bat them around like crazy.

Pascale daily

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
They look like absolute fun, will have to try them....Thanks for sharing...

susi794

Staff member
Mine love these too. I wasn't going to buy the coils either because I figured they'd just disappear, but someone gifted us with them and my cats adore them. We discovered the kickaroos last year and anything like the cat dancer is a hit around here. We particularly like fling-a-ma-string and da bird.

ultralis

Lairian
we got these for the ferrets who dont really care for them, but cairo absolutely LOVES them!!! he goes wild whenever he finds one around the house!!
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CMKHDG"]Amazon.com: Colorful Springs Cat Toy - Wide - 10 pk.: Pet Supplies@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31NLn31HS2L.@@AMEPARAM@@31NLn31HS2L[/ame]

Last but not least the springs! I also didn't order these because I figured they would get lost but everything else seems to get under furniture anyways so why not! She has really enjoyed these and will stalk them and bat them around like crazy.[/LEFT][/QUOTE]

Monchchichi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hudson loves his springs!! Goes grazy for them. Same with his Da Bird toy. There are also toys similar to the springs but their more like a sprocket I guess and he LOVES those the most! I'll see if i can find a picture of them

bean406

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Had to take our every-so-often drive today to pick up cat food and we stopped at Petco to grab a few things. I had to buy a backup of her dynamite stick because she loves it so much. I would also highly recommend this toy!

Petstages Green Magic Dynamite Catnip Filled Cat Toy at PETCO

I also found a something called Crinkle catnip sheets by Petstages (see attached picture). I was going to by some mylar crinkle balls but these caught my eye instead. As much as she likes playing with wrappers and such I figured why not. They are catnip infused and non-toxic in case she chews them up. There are 25 sheets for like $3 something (versus one crinkle ball for $1) so I'll let you know if they're a hit or not.

The last time we went we found her this Petstages Cheese Chase at PETCO and it's definitely been a hit!! Finally a ball that can't roll under the couch, lol.

Attachments

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I got the springs also, well, (Miss Priss Izmae) won't even play with them.
Oh well.

bean406

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I got the springs also, well, (Miss Priss Izmae) won't even play with them.
Oh well.
Lilo wasn't amused by them at all for the first day or so but she finally decided to try and once she did she was hooked. Maybe Izmae will give it a whirl someday, hehe. :Cool:

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Lilo wasn't amused by them at all for the first day or so but she finally decided to try and once she did she was hooked. Maybe Izmae will give it a whirl someday, hehe. :Cool:
If it's her idea:Dizzy: she might.:LOL:
She has had them for about 3 mos. no go yet:ThumbsDown:

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I was thinking about purchasing these 3 toys for our 5 cats. I also bought 1 of those Pet Stages Dynamite sticks back in April. 2 of my boys sometimes fight over it, & they like to cuddle with it when they sleep. I just ordered 2 more of them from Petco. I also ordered a 3 pk of catnip balls. They're a combination toy/treat. Solid balls of catnip that they can eat & bat around with minimal mess, so it says. I'm putting them aside for Xmas gifts.:Smile:

bean406

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I was thinking about purchasing these 3 toys for our 5 cats. I also bought 1 of those Pet Stages Dynamite sticks back in April. 2 of my boys sometimes fight over it, & they like to cuddle with it when they sleep. I just ordered 2 more of them from Petco. I also ordered a 3 pk of catnip balls. They're a combination toy/treat. Solid balls of catnip that they can eat & bat around with minimal mess, so it says. I'm putting them aside for Xmas gifts.:Smile:
I have seen those catnip balls...you'll have to let us know how they like them! Aren't the dynamite sticks the best? I think it's Lilo's fav toy at the moment. The "backup" I bought yesterday...well she decided to rip it out of the package when we left the house for a few...guess she didn't wanna wait! :Cool:

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I have seen those catnip balls...you'll have to let us know how they like them! Aren't the dynamite sticks the best? I think it's Lilo's fav toy at the moment. The "backup" I bought yesterday...well she decided to rip it out of the package when we left the house for a few...guess she didn't wanna wait! :Cool:
I will certainly post the test results of those catnip balls. You're right about the dynamite sticks. There must be some pretty potent catnip in them, let me tell you
:Laugh:

ilovedirt

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
This is the cat dancer the boys have....it's a definite win. They both love chasing a laser pointer too. Those springs look outstanding, I may have to get some.

Attachments

bean406

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
This is the cat dancer the boys have....it's a definite win. They both love chasing a laser pointer too. Those springs look outstanding, I may have to get some.
We have the cat dancer too...got it super cheap on amazon. Lilo chewed the cardboard end pieces off pretty quickly but then I just attached one of the "crunchy" sounding mylar balls on the end and it's still a hit :ThumbsUp:.

ilovedirt

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We have the cat dancer too...got it super cheap on amazon. Lilo chewed the cardboard end pieces off pretty quickly but then I just attached one of the "crunchy" sounding mylar balls on the end and it's still a hit :ThumbsUp:.
great idea...we've been through a couple of them