Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

4th of July Contest 2011!

Pick your favorite 4th of July Sphynx!

• Spencer

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Diggs

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Boone

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Myla

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Poppy

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Marley

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Maruska

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jimmy

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • BaldKarma

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ziggy Stardust

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry guys, i got a bunch of entries yesterday late in the day or night but was doing family stuff and did not go on the site, i just added a bunch of new contestants! Polls are open! please tell me if i missed anyone.

Go0d luck contestants!

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I' with Susi, having a hard time picking a favorite! Will have to think awhile! Some are cute, some are beautiful, some colorful! I will say, that whomever post a picture of "Jimmy" in a bathing suit with that cupcake CRACKED me the heck up. Jimmy is not a petite cat!!! A hahaha

Jen

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Fireworks are illegal in Massachusetts also, but folks get them from New Hampshire or Rhode Island. I heard on the news that my state & Maine are thinking of going legal next year.

Unlike the Memorial Day contest where I took 90+ photos....Boone was such a good boy taking photos for this contest. I think I only shot 10 pics for this 1. But I doubt he'll ever win, because I have a lousy camera:ThumbsDown: I will always enjoy doing it though:ThumbsUp:

Whoever voted for him, I send a big thank you!
:ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

savannah mommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Fireworks are illegal in Massachusetts also, but folks get them from New Hampshire or Rhode Island. I heard on the news that my state & Maine are thinking of going legal next year.

Unlike the Memorial Day contest where I took 90+ photos....Boone was such a good boy taking photos for this contest. I think I only shot 10 pics for this 1. But I doubt he'll ever win, because I have a lousy camera:ThumbsDown: I will always enjoy doing it though:ThumbsUp:

Whoever voted for him, I send a big thank you!
:ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

Utah just increased the amount of legal fireworks because they are loosing money to Wyoming every year. Everyone knows its just across the state line to go get the "good" fireworks.

It was nice to watch all the neighbors shooting off the ones in the sky; kids loved it :ThumbsUp:

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Utah just increased the amount of legal fireworks because they are loosing money to Wyoming every year. Everyone knows its just across the state line to go get the "good" fireworks.

It was nice to watch all the neighbors shooting off the ones in the sky; kids loved it :ThumbsUp:

I was surprised last night someone in our neighborhood had professional grade fireworks. Huge 1's! I think they were coming from around the corner in an open field behind the church. We saw them very close up. Boone happened to be sitting on my bedroom window sill & was petrified when he saw the 1st 1 go off.:Laugh: He watched the whole Boston Pops performance & the 1/2 hour long fireworks display on tv with me though.:BigSmile:

susi794

Staff member
I hate fireworks nights....it scares Beanie so bad that I feel horribly sorry for him. The neighborhood folks kept shooting them off last night and my poor Beanie had a bad night.

DoctorSpock

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh poor Beanie... yeah, when the fireworks are that close it really scares the beejesus of out our pets! It never fails, every 5th of July there are tons of ads of animals running away or lost from the night before... so sad!

xAnnthia

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My dog is the same way. She paces and cries and cries and growls and cries. And I feel so bad because she looks at me like, "mommy, make it stop!" And I can't. :[ But, i did stuff cotton in her ears, was worth a shot.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
OK guys there you have it the winners for this years 4th of July contest are

1st place Myla!

2nd place Diggs!

3rd place Jimmy!

Great job to everyone who participated and congrats to our winners! :ThumbsUp:

Back