Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

5 y/o Sphynx Girl in Need of New Home (NY)

Keedle95

Lairian
Hey all, it breaks my heart to be here reaching out, but I am officially looking to rehome my sphinx girl, Saskia. I got her when she was just a baby and we have spent every day together since- she's traveled with me in two different apartments and one family house. Unfortunately, at the house where we now live, she feels the constant stress of being just a door away from her first (and last) litter of kittens, who have since grown up to become boisterous and playful, but also, just a lot to handle! They smell each other through the door and even though I have been able to keep them separated, the stress has gotten to Saskia and she is in desperate need of her own space- no other cats or dogs (small animals like rodents / reptiles / fish OK). Saskia is healthy (outside of the anxiety she sometimes feels here, which causes her to jump and hide sometimes unprovoked), spayed, and has the biggest blue eyes you've ever seen. She can be quite demanding of affection, is vocal at breakfast and dinner time, and would love nothing more than to snuggle in a perfect ball on your chest for as long as you will let her. I am asking for a small adoption fee as a sign of your commitment, but I will be even more partial to any applicant that has had Sphynx before, or has veterinary experience, as I believe Saskia may be a little more high maintenance than most. $250.00 rehoming fee.

Attachments

• image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 88
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 81
  • image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 76
  • image7.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited by a moderator:

itselsa13

Lairian
Hey all, it breaks my heart to be here reaching out, but I am officially looking to rehome my sphinx girl, Saskia. I got her when she was just a baby and we have spent every day together since- she's traveled with me in two different apartments and one family house. Unfortunately, at the house where we now live, she feels the constant stress of being just a door away from her first (and last) litter of kittens, who have since grown up to become boisterous and playful, but also, just a lot to handle! They smell each other through the door and even though I have been able to keep them separated, the stress has gotten to Saskia and she is in desperate need of her own space- no other cats or dogs (small animals like rodents / reptiles / fish OK). Saskia is healthy (outside of the anxiety she sometimes feels here, which causes her to jump and hide sometimes unprovoked), spayed, and has the biggest blue eyes you've ever seen. She can be quite demanding of affection, is vocal at breakfast and dinner time, and would love nothing more than to snuggle in a perfect ball on your chest for as long as you will let her. I am asking for a small adoption fee as a sign of your commitment, but I will be even more partial to any applicant that has had Sphynx before, or has veterinary experience, as I believe Saskia may be a little more high maintenance than most. $250.00 rehoming fee.
I just saw your comment on my post that I'm looking to rescue a sphynx! I'm very interested in taking in little Saskia, what a sweetheart! The photo of you two together is so precious I could cry :') She seems like my perfect counterpart because I'm a little high maintenance demand a lot of affection too, haha. I have to tell you that my roommate has a cat but she's very sweet, docile and mostly stays in my roommate's bedroom and keeps to herself. Saskia would be "MY" cat and Nym is "her" cat but we're both very loving, friendly and long-time cat owners. We have separate bedrooms and bathrooms so the cats wouldn't share a littler box or anything else. I also have experience introducing adult cats to each other and have had positive experiences in the past. I work from home so I'll have ample time to make sure everyone/kitty is safe and happy! I actually am looking for my own cat because the other cat stays in my roomie's space and I need cuddles haha. Feel free to text/call me at 831.277.7007 or email me at [email protected]

Keedle95

Lairian
I just saw your comment on my post that I'm looking to rescue a sphynx! I'm very interested in taking in little Saskia, what a sweetheart! The photo of you two together is so precious I could cry :') She seems like my perfect counterpart because I'm a little high maintenance demand a lot of affection too, haha. I have to tell you that my roommate has a cat but she's very sweet, docile and mostly stays in my roommate's bedroom and keeps to herself. Saskia would be "MY" cat and Nym is "her" cat but we're both very loving, friendly and long-time cat owners. We have separate bedrooms and bathrooms so the cats wouldn't share a littler box or anything else. I also have experience introducing adult cats to each other and have had positive experiences in the past. I work from home so I'll have ample time to make sure everyone/kitty is safe and happy! I actually am looking for my own cat because the other cat stays in my roomie's space and I need cuddles haha. Feel free to text/call me at 831.277.7007 or email me at [email protected]
Thank you so much for your interest, and I appreciate all of your transparency! I’ll be reaching out to you soon with a prospective parent application. I’ll also be keeping my ad up for at least another two weeks just to give folks a chance to see it, but you sound like you’d make a wonderful new mom for my baby girl.

itselsa13

Lairian
Thank you so much for your interest, and I appreciate all of your transparency! I’ll be reaching out to you soon with a prospective parent application. I’ll also be keeping my ad up for at least another two weeks just to give folks a chance to see it, but you sound like you’d make a wonderful new mom for my baby girl.
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, I appreciate it! I totally understand about keeping the post up for a while. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for the application. My roommate/best friend and I also fostered a kitten before she was able to bring her cat here from CA where she moved from and it was great- we’re a good team and still keep in touch with the couple who adopted her ;) just trying to win you over haha thanks and let me know if there’s anything else I can provide!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Keedle95 , ((hugs))) for your heartfelt decision. surely members will chime in for an adoption application to give sweet Saskia a purrfect forever home. several of us have adopted from members . hugs n head smooches, please keep us updated

Keedle95

Lairian
@Keedle95 , ((hugs))) for your heartfelt decision. surely members will chime in for an adoption application to give sweet Saskia a purrfect forever home. several of us have adopted from members . hugs n head smooches, please keep us updated
Thank you! And will do :)

Keedle95

Lairian
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, I appreciate it! I totally understand about keeping the post up for a while. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for the application. My roommate/best friend and I also fostered a kitten before she was able to bring her cat here from CA where she moved from and it was great- we’re a good team and still keep in touch with the couple who adopted her ;) just trying to win you over haha thanks and let me know if there’s anything else I can provide!
Haha amazing! I’m grateful for all the additional details and it sounds like you’re a true cat lover which is of course a plus. I’ve also fostered a few times and it’s definitely not easy, so it’s good to know you have experience with more difficult situations as well. I’ll be in touch within the next week or so through email with an official application

itselsa13

Lairian
Haha amazing! I’m grateful for all the additional details and it sounds like you’re a true cat lover which is of course a plus. I’ve also fostered a few times and it’s definitely not easy, so it’s good to know you have experience with more difficult situations as well. I’ll be in touch within the next week or so through email with an official application
Hi there! Just wanted to check in and see how the search for Saskia’s new home is going. I haven’t seen the application come through to my email yet and want to make sure I didn’t miss it. Thanks so much :)

Sisterwolf84

Lairian
Hello I am also interested in your precious baby girl. Having lost my amazing Manx of 13yrs last month we have decided that we would like to take in another high maintenance cat and Saskia sounds like she would be the purfect queen of this cat jungle. Over the years my husband and I have had many different breeds of cats come through our home some for just a short time frame as they moved to the furever homes and some stayed. This is truly the first time in years we have not had a single cat in the home.
Thanks a bunch.
Kim

Keedle95

Lairian
Hello I am also interested in your precious baby girl. Having lost my amazing Manx of 13yrs last month we have decided that we would like to take in another high maintenance cat and Saskia sounds like she would be the purfect queen of this cat jungle. Over the years my husband and I have had many different breeds of cats come through our home some for just a short time frame as they moved to the furever homes and some stayed. This is truly the first time in years we have not had a single cat in the home.
Thanks a bunch.
Kim
Kim, thank you so much for your interest! Can you please provide an email address for me so I can send over my adoption questionnaire? If you're still interested, please fill out the forms and send them back as soon as you are able.

jadoreleschats

Lairian
Hi Keedle, If you have not found a home for Saska yet we would love to welcome her to our home. We have a 10 year old male, Onyx ,who is very low key and misses his litter mate who passed last year. We rescued the pair in 2012 and we have fallen in love. Sphyxes bring to their people so much closeness, and yes, neediness, but we attentive to this. We live in NYC and are very dedicated and experienced in their special care with a nearby vet who knows them well. Please reach out if you're still needing to rehome, also happy to jump on a call or Facetime to assess our home. Thanks, LD ([email protected])

Keedle95

Lairian
Thanks a bunch.
Kim
Hi! I’m very sorry for the delay in response- I can send an adoption questionnaire your way if you’re still interested, would just need an email address from you at your soonest convenience.

Keedle95

Lairian
Hi Keedle, If you have not found a home for Saska yet we would love to welcome her to our home. We have a 10 year old male, Onyx ,who is very low key and misses his litter mate who passed last year. We rescued the pair in 2012 and we have fallen in love. Sphyxes bring to their people so much closeness, and yes, neediness, but we attentive to this. We live in NYC and are very dedicated and experienced in their special care with a nearby vet who knows them well. Please reach out if you're still needing to rehome, also happy to jump on a call or Facetime to assess our home. Thanks, LD ([email protected])
Hi! Thank you so much for your interest in my baby girl- I’m so sorry to hear about your recent loss, and can’t imagine how hard that must have been for the family. You truly sound like a wonderful (and super qualified!) candidate, but I am thinking that Saskia needs to be an only cat at this time. She has had bad experiences with my other sphynxes in the past, all of them male, and I think her anxiety mostly stems from those interactions. I wish you all the best in your search.

MarieNCat

Lairian
If you you dis not get someone to adopt your cat I am interested as well. My email is [email protected].
Thank you