Welcome to the Sphynxlair community! A community dedicated to the Sphynx breed!

5e couldn't get just one thing at a time...

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My boy 5e had a herpes flair-up but it got bad enough to take him to the vet.

The bad:
His sniffle turned into a bit of scabbing, and the eye goop got frequent enough that I couldn't keep it cleared off.

Once at the vet, it turns out that the little bit of gunk in his ears was mites... the Herpes came with a secondary virus 'calicivirus' apparently if you cat has herpes, it probably has this one too...

The Vet was also concerned with brown stains in 5e's teeth -- his best opinion is 5e's mom was treated for feline distemper either during pregnancy or just before. the antibiotic tetracycline causes brown stains if given during tooth formation -- go figure /shrug.

The good:
After everyone in the vet's office had a good look at my kitten (my little celeb!), three prescription medicines , a good job from the vet regarding Lysine (thank you, Sphynx Lair!) The Vet let me know that my guy is in good shape.

Because I brought him in early, the vet says I should expect to see remarkable improvement early tomorrow, and no symptoms remaining by the week-end. (fingers crossed)

The ugly:
nothing ugly here -- just cute Sphynxes..Sphynsis...xs... Kitties!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sending get well wishes to 5e! Poor little guy.

Sophie had about 10 vet visits in the first month I had her due to some unforeseeable issues too. She had a slight infection at her spay site, yeast in her ears and a slight URI. The lysine definitely helped her get over the cough and sniffles.

Feel better 5e!

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
5e couldn't get just one thing at a time...an update

Just an update, 5e has been feeling awesome all weekend -- coughing a little Friday and Saturday, but so far nothing today.

Looks like the medicine and care was just what he needed.

My Kitten is back to acting typical -- running stupid around the house, attacking anything that moves, and jumping like he'd been goosed at un expected sounds!

He has been wonderful about the eyedrops even.