Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

6 days left, i'm going NUTS!

dragynflye

Lairian
seriously! how in the world am i suppose to make it through the next six days?!? i want kimo home NOW! i've been waiting oh so patiently for TWELVE weeks now, you would think six days would be nothing, but i'm going nuts! everything is ready. i have a cat area set up in my bedroom, where kimo and laurel (the second kitty) will be confined until he gets settled (laurel will be going home on friday). there's a bigger litter box, a taller cat tree, more toys and hidey-holes in the computer room. i've stockpiled enough food to feed a dozen kitties for a month. i've been knitting sweaters and blankies. the carrier is all set up and ready to go for my trip. i've scheduled an initial visit with my vet. i have two harnesses, a leash, sunscreen, two carriers. i'm growing cat grass and cat nip. there is not a single thing left to do, and i am going nuts!

here are the most pictures from his breeder.
4527236188_99766e693d.jpg

4526606421_323cca6efa_o.jpg

susi794

Staff member
Wow! Look at that lovely muzzle! He's a good looking boy! Just take a few deep breaths....the six days will pass....write a journal about how you are anticipating his arrival. I like to tell my cats the story of how they came to be with me....it's what we do when we snuggle and bond--I tell them their stories--about the day I first laid eyes on them, what I did to prepare for them....the act of writing it down will help you remember and will be a nice momento to keep with his baby scrapbook(if you scrapbook that is) It will keep your mind off the waiting...I'm so excited for you!

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I know what you mean! I get Casper tomorrow! The week did go by pretty quickly cuz the hubby is on vacation. Keep yourself busy and it will go by fast!!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow! Look at that lovely muzzle! He's a good looking boy! Just take a few deep breaths....the six days will pass....write a journal about how you are anticipating his arrival. I like to tell my cats the story of how they came to be with me....it's what we do when we snuggle and bond--I tell them their stories--about the day I first laid eyes on them, what I did to prepare for them....the act of writing it down will help you remember and will be a nice momento to keep with his baby scrapbook(if you scrapbook that is) It will keep your mind off the waiting...I'm so excited for you!

Susi~ I do this for my kids! every one of them loves to hear their own story of being born! What a nice idea for the furkids too!

Kimo is very striking! and I love love the name. We will help you count the days!

gizmo6370

Banned
Good luck....on the loooooong wait = )
Like everybody else already said...keep yourself busy and the time will fly:Wink::BigSmile:
Great pics of a beautiful baby:Smile:

holly_savage

Banned
Keep busy...don't forget to sleep (I know I can hardly sleep when I am that excited) and he is very beautiful...I love his eyes!

dragynflye

Lairian
i have one of these waiting for him. it's just like a human baby book, full of awesome photography. i have the dog version for both my dogs, and love it. although, i hope i do a better job filling out kimo's than i've done with watson's!

Mangosoccer11

Lairian
I am on the same boat as you are except I have to wait 20 days.

Wooooow you've been waiting twelve weeks?! Jeez that must be tough. But think, 6 days compared to twelve weeks, these 6 days can be a breeze.

Good job in getting everything organized for your cat!!

Time will fly by if you dont think about your sphynx. Its hard not to think about your sphynx but you can do it. Instead of picturing your sphynx cat playing in your mind, picture yourself on a beach. Or hang out with friends.

U can make these last days go by fast. I have faith in you!!

tessblack

Banned
I went so crazy waiting. We were on the road a lot so I had to wait to get them when they were 6 months. Then when I flew in from the last race we went right by the breeders on the way home but did not want to get them till I could get home and get everything ready. It is so great when they are home at first, running around checking everything out! Congrats and have fun.

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
That's a stunning sphynx kitten. Very beautiful.

I understand that you can't wait to pick him up.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
This post was from April.
All these posters got their cats already.
We are trying for Tues or Weds with my Bombay and I can not wait to get her.
Mangosoccer11 the 20 days will seem like forever for your sphynx.
I have been waiting for my Bombay since Sept.

Bella07

Banned
Oh my gosh, Kimo is GORGEOUS!!!! I can't even imagine how excited you must be! Good news is, the 17th is almost over, so that means you only have 5 days left! You must, and I mean must, update us when your gorgeous baby comes home. Good Luck!

This post was from April.
All these posters got their cats already.
We are trying for Tues or Weds with my Bombay and I can not wait to get her.
Mangosoccer11 the 20 days will seem like forever for your sphynx.
I have been waiting for my Bombay since Sept.

Oops! Your right!

None the less, cheers to all those waiting for their babies to come home! Whether it's 7 more months, or just a few days, the wait seems unbearable, but we all know that it will be more than worth it in the end! :ThumbsUp:

Last edited:
Back