Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

7month old female not growing?

CamedSoup

Lairian
Hey guys, my girl hasn't grown in few months lengthwise. Her brother has gotten longer/taller, more adult like, but she hasn't. Only gotten wider lol. We noticed she was getting chunky, so we're moderating food now, but I was just wondering if she get a growth spurt? She is spayed, maybe her body still needs to adjust to the hormone change? It's only been a month since the operation. Her mother is fairly lanky, long and slender; her father is also tall but more stout, beefy looking.

Thanks in advance!

denise irwin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have a brother and sister and my girl Letty got adult like way later than her brother Niko. Now they are 1 year 7 months and they are both equal in length but he is much heavier . Just give her time.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
They really can vary in size/weight just like humans. We have one girl who is very long legged and 10 pounds which the average weight of most male Sphynx....and we have a boy who is over a year old who is less than 7 pounds which is small for a male. Our breeder said his Daddy didn’t fill in until about 2 years old. Big or small, they are the greatest creatures of all. Kudos to you for already trying to make sure they are at a healthy weight.

CamedSoup

Lairian
Aw wow your kitties are SOO cute!! Thanks for the confidence, I think she's just a little chunky right now, she's got the double belly pooch. My fiance and I were a little worried!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
My girl Jade (5 years old) is very tiny. When I had my girl Foxy she was bigger then Jade when she was only 6 months old! Jade is healthy and happy, just tiny.
Sphynx can vary in size. Maybe your girl will have a grow spurth. And maybe she'll stay tiny!

CamedSoup

Lairian

Attachments

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
You “got this” it’s great you are proactive. Just cutting back a bit will make a difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk