Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

9 month old male in Utah needs home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Why not send him back to the breeder.
They do not even have the papers yet and dont want him already.
I have asthma.

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes If breeder still has papers then breeder should get him back...

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What a beautiful blue eyed boy! Seems such a shame to rehome him...especially when the reason seems so flimsy...I have asthma too...

X

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
What a beautiful blue eyed boy! Seems such a shame to rehome him...especially when the reason seems so flimsy...I have asthma too...

X
I get so sick of people! I did ask her why she wasn't returning the cat to his breeder, we'll see what her responses is, but I'm betting it's 1 of 2 things - Either it's a back yard breeder that won't take cats back, or they know the breeder won't give them their money back :( I get so sick of hearing the asthma or allergies or moving excuses to dump pets!!!!!

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I get so sick of people! I did ask her why she wasn't returning the cat to his breeder, we'll see what her responses is, but I'm betting it's 1 of 2 things - Either it's a back yard breeder that won't take cats back, or they know the breeder won't give them their money back :( I get so sick of hearing the asthma or allergies or moving excuses to dump pets!!!!!

I agree with you entirely! As much as it saddens me I would rather people were actually honest and just said he/she/it's not the right pet for me and I'd like it to go to a good home, at least then everyone would know where they stand! :Angry:

X

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I almost died from asthma once and have allergies also.
It does not stop me from having pets,
It is a poor excuse to get rid of him.
Then again this person my be a byb.
There are many in Utah.
I was told that many sphynx breeders.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
It does not stop me from having pets,
It is a poor excuse to get rid of him.
Then again this person my be a byb.
There are many in Utah.
I was told that many sphynx breeders.

byb??:Dizzy:

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Back Yard Breeder. Well, I got an e-mail back and I'm going to do what I can to help this lady get him a good home, she seems to really care about the cat, it's her son that's allergic and having major asthma problems. Still not a good excuse in my book, but some people just don't see it that way. Anyway, I also know the breeder he came from, the breeder has been contacted, and lets just say I am NOT suprised they have not received papers, they probably never will. I'm glad the breeder is NOT taking the kitten back, she's been a thorn in my side for quite a while - This is the same breeder Marnia's 2 kittens came from. Know that I know more history, I will pretty much guarantee that this kitten DOES have herpes, many cats coming out of this breeder do. She will go on the classifieds and sell them for $500 - $600 with herpes, respitory infections, and all sorts of garbage, does no health testing what so ever, and many of the ones I've seen come out of her place go blind from herpes when they could have been ok if it'd been treated much sooner. I feel bad for the kitten, but I can't afford to pay $500 for a kitten that needs medical attention! I really can't afford to pay $500 at all, with Hannah's medical bills, Gem's upcoming surgery, and the money I just spend when I brought Osiris home getting him checked out and up to date on everything, I'm not sure what to do, if I had the money I'd just go buy him so I know he'd go to the right home, but I'm hoping this lady is going to allow me to work with her to make sure that happens!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Oh wow - that is awful. Hopefully someone can help the poor lil kitten. Goodluck!! If I was closer or had the $$ as well I'd chip in to help but I'm busted right now.

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh, and as for Utah, I will definatly agree, this place is BAD for Sphynx back yard breeders! There is one breeder in Salt Lake I know that I respect, aside from her I have yet to run into another that I would give any respect to at all. Most of them here are just out for money, and the poor kitties pay the price for it :( Same is true for Italian Greyhounds here, way to many back yard breeders, I've shown IGs here for the last 5 years, and many times I'm the only one with IGs there, and often if I'm not they're from out of state, yet I always see IGs for sale :( Very sad, the mentality of people here is that animals are here to make money off of and if they're not making you money or if you're not getting something out of owning them, or if they're inconvient at all, you dump them :( The humane society here is always full of purebred dogs and small breed dogs, rescues are always full, it's nowhere near this bad other places I've been. I know the problem is nation wide, but Utah, especially this part of Utah, really get on my nerves! One of the big reasons I prefer to adopt my rescue animals out of area!

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh wow - that is awful. Hopefully someone can help the poor lil kitten. Goodluck!! If I was closer or had the $$ as well I'd chip in to help but I'm busted right now.
kind of the boat I'm in! If I had the money I'd go pick him up today and keep him until I found just the right home for him (well, we see how that went with Osiris LOL), but I just don't have the money, I wish there was more I could do to help him!!!!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
That's sad. They are putting a breeders law in Ohio so hopefully more regulations to prevent such things here.

Bella07

Banned
Poor little boy! He is awfully cute. It would be wonderful if you could adopt him, but $500 and on top of that, the medical care that he will need can surely add up......Too bad the owner won't just give you him for free, that way you could love him forever and forever!

J

Jinxlover

it's her son that's allergic and having major asthma problems. Still not a good excuse in my book, but some people just don't see it that way.

Okay I know I'm going to get it for this but here I go...

Do you guys have kids?
No one on here loves there cat more than me. I would jump in the way of a bus to save her. I have a friend that has a little girl that has asthma that had NO idea she had it tell they bought her a kitten. She just about DIED from the asthma attack she had caused by the kitten.. She was 3years old and in the hospital for 4 days!! They had to re-home the kitten. Now let me tell you before I would let my child be ill or maybe die my cats would have a new home.. I would not be happy I would cry forever but my CHILD would be safe. I find that most people that say stuff like this have NO kids..
NOW, most people just say "Oh the (insert unwanted pet here) makes my kid sick" to get rid of it. Now that's not okay.I hate re-homing pets, of the 2999 people a day that use that reason to get rid of a pet maybe ONE has a good reason.
I'm not trying to get peoples dander up, or upset you in any way but when you have kids they MUST come before the pets.

Last edited by a moderator:

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Okay I know I'm going to get it for this but here I go...

Do you guys have kids?
No one on here loves there cat more than me. I would jump in the way of a bus to save her. I have a friend that has a little girl that has asthma that had NO idea she had it tell they bought her a kitten. She just about DIED from the asthma attack she had caused by the kitten.. She was 3years old and in the hospital for 4 days!! They had to re-home the kitten. Now let me tell you before I would let my child be ill or maybe die my cats would have a new home.. I would not be happy I would cry forever but my CHILD would be safe. I find that most people that say stuff like this have NO kids..
NOW, most people just say "Oh the (insert unwanted pet here) makes my kid sick" to get rid of it. Now that's not okay.I hate re-homing pets, of the 2999 people a day that use that reason to get rid of a pet maybe ONE has a good reason.
I'm not trying to get peoples dander up, or upset you in any way but when you have kids they MUST come before the pets.

I totally see this side of the argument....and I don't have kids!!

Slick527

Lairian
I have to agree! I am allergic to cats, dogs, and birds and I have asthma! I love all my kids! Naked and haired alike! I would never use that as an excuse to get rid of my animals!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I just had a feeling it was that breeder.
I have heard of so many bad things she has done.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Alot of times they blame it on the pet when it is something else causing teh asthma to act up.
Mine had been very bad the last few weeks from the pollen.

J

Jinxlover

Alot of times they blame it on the pet when it is something else causing teh asthma to act up.
Mine had been very bad the last few weeks from the pollen.

I agree.. And 99.9% of the time it's just an excuse to get rid of an unwanted pet!!! It's sad what people will say to re-home a pet.

Asthma can be very different also.. My step mother has asthma, she smokes 1 1/2 a day has a dog and a cat. My friends little girl is so bad that she cant go in a pet store with out a trip to the ER.

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I agree.. And 99.9% of the time it's just an excuse to get rid of an unwanted pet!!! It's sad what people will say to re-home a pet.

Asthma can be very different also.. My step mother has asthma, she smokes 1 1/2 a day has a dog and a cat. My friends little girl is so bad that she cant go in a pet store with out a trip to the ER.
Yep, exactly, and since in a later e-mail this women asked if she could keep my contact information so when her son was older she could contact me and let me help her find another one, I'm almost willing to promise you that she's just trying to use it as an excuse! What I'm guessing is really going on here is that she bought a special needs kitten that she probably was not aware was a special needs kitten, now the vet bills are adding up, the care is more then she was prepared for, so she's looking for a way to get rid of the kitten before it costs her any more money, very sad! I wish I could take him, but I just can't, trying to negotiate with her on price but she's not budging much and I just don' t have much extra to give, hoping she'll just let me help her and see if we can find a home willing to pay her fee and give him the medical care, but I'm very worried she's going to find someone that wants him and she won't be entirely honest just like the people that sold the kitten to her :(

J

Jinxlover

Yep, exactly, and since in a later e-mail this women asked if she could keep my contact information so when her son was older she could contact me and let me help her find another one, I'm almost willing to promise you that she's just trying to use it as an excuse! What I'm guessing is really going on here is that she bought a special needs kitten that she probably was not aware was a special needs kitten, now the vet bills are adding up, the care is more then she was prepared for, so she's looking for a way to get rid of the kitten before it costs her any more money, very sad! I wish I could take him, but I just can't, trying to negotiate with her on price but she's not budging much and I just don' t have much extra to give, hoping she'll just let me help her and see if we can find a home willing to pay her fee and give him the medical care, but I'm very worried she's going to find someone that wants him and she won't be entirely honest just like the people that sold the kitten to her :(

SHAME on her....I hope she lets you help her, poor guy. Why are people so afraid of special needs pets? I would take one in a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back