A Bag of Purina One | Sphynxlair

A Bag of Purina One

Discussion in 'Sphynx Cat Questions?' started by ElGatoLoco, Mar 13, 2009.

1. ElGatoLoco

ElGatoLocoV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $2,459.20
    Ratings:
    +993
    Greetings,

I have a quick question and wanted to get some input. I have a bag of Purina One kitten food. Do any of you have any opinions on it? I can't decide whether to feed it to ButterBall. I've had it for several weeks and when I originally bought it, ButterBall really seemed to like it. But I quit feeding it to him. I fed him Iams instead but I still got the bag. I can't decide whether to trash it or not. I may just keep it for the emergency meal. I'm lazy. Any thoughts?

2. kerrie78

kerrie78Senior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $469.00
    Ratings:
    +87
    Purina has come a long way in the last decade; some research shows it is actually better than Iams & others say it is equal... if he likes it & it doesn't upset his belly don't waste it.

3. admin

adminAdministrator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
    $268,924.59
    Ratings:
    +17,238
    • Pig
    • Venus Fly trap
    • Black Sphynx
    • Skull head
    Yes,I agree with kerrie78. As long as switching foods does not upset stomach.
    p.s
    by the way did you ever get butterball to the vet?
    and what was the outcome?

4. ElGatoLoco

Sphynx Bucks:
    $2,459.20
    Ratings:
    +993
    Well, I had originally planned to take Ball to the vet this week. A few things have come up so I am having to put it on hold until next week. B-Ball's stomach has settled nicely. I am gradually switching from Iams to Purina. Ball likes the Purina much more and his poo issues have been non-existent now for about a week. My house smells much better.

Quick question: I'm taking Ball to the vet next week and I'm not sure what I need to do. He needs his "procedure" but other than that I don't know what to ask the vet. He had a vaccination before I picked him up. So besides the "procedure" what else should I check on? Does he need more shots or anything else?

5. kerrie78

kerrie78Senior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $469.00
    Ratings:
    +87
    If he hasn't been to your vet, a physical, fecal test (for worms), depending on when his last vaccine was he may be due for another. Your vet should give you a little folder saying when he will be due for everything or at least send out reminders. For some reason Iams always my dogs piles smell really badly.

6. AngelSphynx

AngelSphynxLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $354.00
    Ratings:
    +51
    If you don't use the bag of Purina One, at least donate it to an animal rescue group. They would love to have it. Why trash it when it can help feed rescued animals. I used to volunteer for rescue groups and found out how important donations are.

And about Iams, when I use to feed that to my cats, I remember that it would give my kitties really stinky breath... I mean BAD. lol.

7. AngelSphynx

AngelSphynxLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $354.00
    Ratings:
    +51
    Well, kittens normally are supposed to get a series of 3 shots. Usually the breeder will get it's first shot (FVRCP/Distemper combo.) Then 3-4 weeks from that time he would be due for a booster. And 3- 4 weeks from then another but last booster. If you didn't do this, it's ok. Butterball has done really well. As far as you have told me, he hasn't gotten sick. Those boosters are to help get the kitten through kittenhood. And if he didn't get the whole series, that first vaccination is doing him no good. He then has no protection. So your vet will probably (or should) recommend that Butterball get a regular FVRCP/Distemper combo again. Then he will be good for a year or two.

8. ElGatoLoco

Sphynx Bucks:
    $2,459.20
    Ratings:
    +993
    You know, ButterBall's breath has been pretty rank. Since I started feeding him the Purina, it does smell alot better.