Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

A DIY "Cat Tree"... Astrid's Chair

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So, I am almost done Astrid's chair. It is an old telephone table. I feel bad for the lady who sold it to me lol. She still was in love with the piece. I neglected to tell her it was being redone for a kitty.
Now I just have to add some rope to make some scratching places and add some toys and interactive bits lol.
She will still probably end up with an actual cat tree lol my Nanna and I are looking into making one this summer.
So here is the before:
IMG_0859.JPG

And the after!
IMG_2880.JPG

When I get it completely done I'll be sure to update :)

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
That is brilliant. I love it. I've always loved telephone table chairs. Your "upgrade" is purrrfect for Astrid. Thank you for sharing.

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@sphynxmoms me either! Was a great Craigslist find lol I was just looking and came across it and it's perfect. The seat actually lifts up to store a phonebook. So now it's Astrid clothing storage lol

@Xandria thanks :)

Toa and Ross

Staff member
What a great idea! You pimped (hope that's a correct English word) it up so well. Queen Astrid has her own thrown!

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Catzzzmeow thanks :)
@Hairless Blessing thank you :)

@Toa and Ross lol it is the right word, but the word has another definition that is more greatly used, that is definitely not what you're trying to say. Trying to think of another word that is used lol but all I got is "done up".
But yes lol she definitely does have her own thrown, now I need to make her a crown! Lol

@dare2Bbare thanks :)