Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

A little creepy

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'd panic if I saw it coming down the corridor. :Dizzy:

Its reputation proceeds it and people are having heart attacks when he comes to say hello, so creates a vicious circle and a bad 'rep.' :LOL:

Brooke

Banned
Aw, I think it's sweet. I mean, it's not like the cat is the one killing the patients...he's just sitting with them during their final moments.

On the other hand, I wouldn't want to be there visiting and have the cat come sit on my lap or anything, either. I'd be horrified that meant I was about to die!

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
When I was caring for my MIL last year she had a stroke during the night. My little Bree(yorkie) kept growling, which she never, did trying to get me to go to grandmas room. Then she and Willow laid with my MIL on the bed during her last day of life. They would get up on her lap when she was up but never on her bed. They always followed me around. But not that day.

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
It is a strange thing, but I think that it is nice that the person has someone to stay by them until it is time to go.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I've heard about this cat! It's amazing that he knows.

I too would be freaked if he tried to sit on me!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
It's scary when you know its your final moments but then again its sort of sweet to have them there with you. I believe all animals have that sixth sense and can detect such events.

2sphynxgirl

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
There was a "House" episode based on this article. It was a really good one where the girl exhibited no outward symptoms of being ill, but the cat had curled up on her lap so she knew she was going to die. Maybe last season or the one before?

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I read a story about this in Reader's Digest. The cat was living in a dementia ward of a nursing home, so the patients involved didn't really comprehend what the cat's presence might have meant. A lot of the loved ones said they felt very comforted. I think it's a sweet story :ThumbsUp:

Back