Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

A little introduction and a big hello!

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hey!

My name's Alexia, I live in Colchester, England and I got my first sphynx in August '09.

He's a blue and white boy of 8 years old called Mug-Y (pronounced mugwai). I got him through the Sphynx Welfare Association and it appears he wasn't treated too well before he came to live with me and my boyfriend.

When wwe first got him he was a hissing ball of rage, we couldn't even stroke him and within four days he had pinned my boyfriend to the sofa by his throat!

He suffered with severe anxiety, was very very dominant, has an on going cystitis problem, asthma, one cloudy eye and didn't appear to know how to be cat. He had know idea how to play or interact with people and would tthink nothing of biting you if he was sat on you and you moved. they weren't just little warnings either but full on skin piercing clamp downs!!

With a lot of love and patience over the last 5 months we've got him to a place where we can stroke him, (he loves his nightly snuggles in bed!) he's accepting of other people and he finally knows how to play and enjoys it!! It's been hard work but so worth it to see him settled and happy. I don't think he'll ever get to stage where we can pick him up or that you can ever fully let your guard down (he bit my nose the other day when i moved while he was on me) but I'm happy just to give him a loving home for the rest of his days.

Wow! Sorry! I went on a bit there! So much for the little introduction!!:Laugh::Laugh:

X

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks everyone for the great welcome!! he is very special (even with the temper!) Am (meant to be) working at the moment so will post some pictures later for you all :Smile:

Dragynflye I'm loving your rat!! :Cool:

X

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I've had time to add a phot album now...only a few piccys but i'm sure it'll get bigger!

Also Mug-Y has his own Facebook page- Mug-y Charlesworth Hinchcliffe if you want to see more!! Sad I know but my friends all love him, I swear he gets more messages than me on there!!

My gorgeous boy posing and playing...

X

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats! It makes the little achievements so special as they happen. As time goes on more and more of his sphynx personality will come shining through ! What his life must have been before he was so lucky to have found you! Your rewards will greatly outweigh all the hard work. Bless you!

Brooke

Banned
Welcome to the forum! Like others have said, it takes a special person to devote the time and patience you've given to this little guy. He's very lucky to have you! Bless you for giving him the love and life he deserves. :ThumbsUp: He sure is a cutie!

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hello and Welcome!! Your boy is certainly handsome. I love his name by the way. Is that the name he came with from the rescue or did you rename hime. It is so original. Can't wait to hear and see more of him.:BigSmile:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Alexia and welcome to Sphynxlair! I think with a bit of time and love you will progress much further with this young man! Be hopeful, these animals are very intelligent and at times just need some coaxing! Good luck!:Laugh:

Brooke

Banned
Hi Alexia and welcome to Sphynxlair! I think with a bit of time and love you will progress much further with this young man! Be hopeful, these animals are very intelligent and at times just need some coaxing! Good luck!:Laugh:

I agree, wholeheartedly!! If you've made that much progress with him in only 5 months...I can only imagine how much more progress you're going to make! What a great rescue story.

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to sphynx lair.
I have a cat with asthma and bladdrer problems also.
He is a pretty cat.
D you have to give him steroids or a inhaler?

Thanks for such a lovely welcome! It's nice to know there's people out there as nuts as I am about these wrinkly little fuzzballs!

Hi Mews2much, the vet said that at the moment he's coping with his asthma so it should be ok without treatment but we are keeping an eye on him. Bless him when he gets wheezy he always comes to find me for some reassurance!

Thanks again everyone!

:Smile:

X

susi794

Staff member
Bless you for giving this little boy another chance at life. I have been so wrapped up in my own heartache that I don't know how I missed this intro. Welcome to this wonderful place! Looking forward to getting to know you and Mug-Y.

Back