Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

A new home for Max

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
As most of you know we where given A sphynx named Max A couple of weeks ago, Well we gave it our best shot and have decided that we just can not keep him any more, I was told he was just 1 year old but given no paper work on him. He stayed with my mom when we where away and was ok with her regular female cat, but Leo and him are fighting so bad, Leo was just bleeding pretty bad, I think it's because they are both males? Anyway before we start looking for A home for him I wanted to give you all A chance first but I would like him to get A new home quick, if you are interested let me know just remember we are in NJ and he will have to be picked up.

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
You gave it your best shot! Wasn't he just neutered when you got him? Sometimes that can be a problem when you have an intact male already! Would you consider shipping if the adopter flew and took him in the cabin with them back to wherever they live? 3 is enough for me, but I do know a few people looking for Sphynx - One is a great home in Colorado and may be open to doing something like that.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Good luck finding Max a wonderful new furever home! If no one here can adopt him, I get emails posted by folks looking for rescue sphynx from the Yahoo sphynx rescue group on a regular basis. If any of them are on the east coast, I'll be sure to send them your way! :ThumbsUp:

Brooke

Banned
You shouldn't have any trouble rehoming Max. At least here in Florida, when ads are posted for a sphynx, they are usually gone within a day or two! (I know this because I try to answer them, but usually I'm too late...)

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Some male cats will never get a long.
My brother ha to get rid of 2 males because thye tried to kill each other an he has others that fight so they are in seperate rooms.
My friend is looking for a light colored male sphynx but she lives in San Francisco so its to far.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Well my concern is not to have Max have the same issues we have with him if the new home has another cat. I can tell you this, I never thought another cat would have the same traits as Leonidas and I was amazed to find he is identical in every way from beard rubbing to shoulder jumping , to snuggling under the covers etc, If you guys know of a good home please let me know.If some one wanted to fly in and fly back with him thats fine. I want one more move for him and thats it. I am very concerned that he gets a good home for the last time.
thanks guys.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm so upset. I was really wanting come here and say that I could bring Max home and be a part of my family, but I'm afraid I was shot down :Cry: Right now everyone in the house is really pissed off at Meecho and they're worried that having another sphynx will just make her worse. I personally don't see the problem, but then again when I'm home she is a perfect angel. Guess the pooping in the bag of new carpets didn't help, or the newly broken statue and picture frames. I mean she's just a baby and she's still learning her boundries for goodness sakes. Then again it's easy for me to say this because she is my little angel and she's not breaking any of my stuff :Laugh: Sorry I couldn't take him but I know you will find the greatest home for him.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm so upset. I was really wanting come here and say that I could bring Max home and be a part of my family, but I'm afraid I was shot down :Cry: Right now everyone in the house is really pissed off at Meecho and they're worried that having another sphynx will just make her worse. I personally don't see the problem, but then again when I'm home she is a perfect angel. Guess the pooping in the bag of new carpets didn't help, or the newly broken statue and picture frames. I mean she's just a baby and she's still learning her boundries for goodness sakes. Then again it's easy for me to say this because she is my little angel and she's not breaking any of my stuff :Laugh: Sorry I couldn't take him but I know you will find the greatest home for him.

Actually, having another sphynx around would make Meecho's behavior better (not that it's bad to begin with...she's just being a typical kitten). She would then have another buddy to play with instead of getting into stuff she's not supposed to be messing with. Sorry to hear your family is being so shortsighted about this....two cats REALLY are better than having just one!

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thing is we have two cats...there is the witch Tigger. I shouldn't say that she is just a typical queen cat. Always has been. She and my old cat Midnight were inseperable. She was his mother even though she didn't have him. She raised him from 6 weeks old. She tried to get along with Meecho but Meecho bit her tail and she is very sensitive about her tail. When she was a year old it accidentally got caught in the door at the base and it caused nerve damage to it. It is constantly twitching and well one day it was hanging off the desk and moving all over the place and Meecho thought it was a toy. Since then it's literally been war in the house. Tigger hisses and spits, Meecho takes aim and the chase is on :Laugh:

I understand everyones take on this. I mean right now it is pretty chaotic in the house with Meecho being a baby and we do have our four month old puppy who is pretty hyper to. It's like she has some kind of spring in her body. I've never known a dog that bounces up and down so much. I've seen it in Jack Russells but she's a chihauhua for goodness sakes. I just really wanted to make sure Max had a great home, and after being pissed and basically pouting last night about it I really did think about it and it might have put a lot of unneed stress on Max and that wouldn't be fair to him.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Well Im sure he will find a good home, Ive started listing him on free pet classified ads this morning. I would love to keep him but Leo seems depressed when Max is here, and they fight pretty hard. Max went to my mother in law's while we were away and Leo was happy and content again, I just did not want any thing bad to happen to him with the owner, she was desperate to re-home him due to moving and her kids allergies, so this is why I took him hoping he would work out. So would every one keep there eyes and ears open for a new home for him?
thanks

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I would love to take him in i live in Pa and i have one female sphynx and a female ocicat so another cat wouldn't hurt since i'm addicted to sphynx now lol.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Admin, there's a lady on the Yahoo sphynx rescue forum who's looking for a sphynx cat for her daughter who is going to UPenn (I'm assuming they live on the east coast?). I sent her a post telling her a little about Max....if she's interested, I'll send her your way. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you....

Back