Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

A Short Rant...I need to vent

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
my rant...So we went to go have dinner a Papa luigi's..upon walking in there was a waitress outside of Dicks wings on her break. She was probably about 6 months pregnant. YA! She was out there just puffing away on a damn cigarette!!! This makes me severely angry!! I just don't understand why God would give someone who cared so little, a wonderful gift that is a child. Yet for some reason he doesn't think someone like me..who would give my child the world and more...should have a child. I just don't get it. Maybe I should start being dumber, and more selfish, and maybe then God will think i'm train wreck enough to have a child!! I will probably have to dish out thousands of dollars to get pregnant! This girl gets to have this wonderful wonderful gift and this is how she treats her unborn child?? I stand firm with "We are breeding intelligence OUT of the human race!!!":Angry::Angry::Angry:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh that is infuriating! :Angry: I understand what you are saying and I don't understand how someone can do that! That is really dis-heartening to see. Especially with all you are going through right now to have a precious baby. :Furious:

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I never know what to say on threads like this as I usually open my mouth and put my foot in it.
Firstly I can't even begin to understand what your going through but I do understand your frustration with what you saw.

I know things were different for our parents generation and our grandparents, but we know now the damage that smoking can do to unborn babies, there is no excuse of ignorance. I very rarely have a drink, if ever but I never drink when pregnant, its not worth the risk however small. If I smoked then I would quit for at least the length of the pregnancy (not even going to get into smoking around babies)

Hugs to you.

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
This makes me sick!!!!! My mom ownes a daycare & I know of @ least parent that smoked when she was preg, also my bf's sister smokes like seriously the baby has no say in it!

susi794

Staff member
I know exactly how you feel--I wanted desperately to have a child and had a stillbirth and 3 miscarriages before giving up hope of it ever happening for me....I used to rant and rave and be angry at God. I thought I'd have been a great mom--and would constantly read about people abusing their children--throwing babies in dumpsters or beating them to death and I would ask why? How could God allow them to have a child, yet deny me? I feel your pain and frustration and I will pray that you are blessed with a child of your own very soon.

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
This makes me sick!!!!! My mom ownes a daycare & I know of @ least parent that smoked when she was preg, also my bf's sister smokes like seriously the baby has no say in it!

myspecialboy

Lairian
my rant...So we went to go have dinner a Papa luigi's..upon walking in there was a waitress outside of Dicks wings on her break. She was probably about 6 months pregnant. YA! She was out there just puffing away on a damn cigarette!!! This makes me severely angry!! I just don't understand why God would give someone who cared so little, a wonderful gift that is a child. Yet for some reason he doesn't think someone like me..who would give my child the world and more...should have a child. I just don't get it. Maybe I should start being dumber, and more selfish, and maybe then God will think i'm train wreck enough to have a child!! I will probably have to dish out thousands of dollars to get pregnant! This girl gets to have this wonderful wonderful gift and this is how she treats her unborn child?? I stand firm with "We are breeding intelligence OUT of the human race!!!":Angry::Angry::Angry:

Have you ever seen the movie "Idiocracy"? If not, you should. It's about how only people who are complete idiots breed and there is no one left in the future with any brain cells. It's funny, but I really could see that happening...
I am a smoker, but I would never EVER smoke if I was pregnant or even thought I could be (which would be really hard if not impossible, thanks to my medical history)! Hell, I wont even smoke around Chadwick! I rarely even smoke around people who don't smoke. It's one thing to harm my own body (I'm trying to quit, BTW), but it's quite another to harm anyone else's.

PitRottMommy

Banned

Why? The reason is that people don't care.
Their own well being and wants come before their child's need. They're selfish.

I, personally, do not want children. They're just not for me. But, believe you me, the Child Free group are some fine haters of "breeders" who cannot care for their offspring properly. We note a lot of bad choices, bad parenting and overall bad planning in respect to young ones. A lot of people make even further mistakes after an unplanned pregnancy, as though they're taking their misstep out on the child.

As a side note: My own mother smoked through her entire pregnancies with my sister and I. So far as I know, we're halfway normal and have suffered no ill repercussion from it. But, from the time I can remember until now (even as my mother lives alone with a single cat and a single dog as company), she smokes outside. Doesn't smoke in the car and has great respect for those around her when it comes to lighting up. I have to give her kudos for that.

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I do in away understand how you feel. First I am a smoker, but I never smoked when I was pregnant. Second I agree although I was blessed with two beautiful girls of my on, we did try to adopt a little girl age 5 (Anna) from an abuse case. We had her for 8 months before the mom backed out of the adoption and the court ruled that it was unclear if her or the boyfriend abused Anna's 4 month old baby brother and but him in PICU and made us give her back. So yes I do understand that stupid makes no since and that people should be given an IQ test and responsiblity training before being allowed to have a pet or a child!!!!!!!!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Have you ever seen the movie "Idiocracy"? If not, you should. It's about how only people who are complete idiots breed and there is no one left in the future with any brain cells. It's funny, but I really could see that happening...

Sadly enough, I have seen that movie. It's scary to think that could possibly happen with our Wal-Mart generation...:Sweat:

nbolin, I totally feel your pain. Unfortunately, I was never able to have children and now I'm too old to even try anymore. When I see people like that waitress you mentioned or read stories about mothers who abuse and/or kill their babies, it infuriates me. :Angry: The best advice I can give you is to believe that if the universe is able to bless stupid people with a child, it'll most certainly bless you, a caring person, with one too. Abundance in all forms is available to all of us if we only have faith. :Sweet-angel:

silly4lilly

Lairian
any one ever see that show 16 & pregnant on MTV? this reminds me of that. i dont think any of them smoked, but the whole series is 16 year olds having babies. i guess they never heard of a condom!! they are also making a spin off of this show i think its going to be called teen mom!!!!!!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
any one ever see that show 16 & pregnant on MTV? this reminds me of that. i dont think any of them smoked, but the whole series is 16 year olds having babies. i guess they never heard of a condom!! they are also making a spin off of this show i think its going to be called teen mom!!!!!!

With TV shows like that and movies like "Juno", it seems that the media and Hollywood are glamorizing teen pregnancy and making it look "cool". The reality that the idiots in Hollywood don't show in their movies and TV shows is that a lot of these teen mothers end up dropping out of school, going on welfare, abusing their babies, or at the very least, barely scraping by as single mothers. Most teenaged girls are not emotionally and mentally mature enough to deal with the responsibilities of raising a child. Being teenaged and pregnant is a very hard road to take, and not something I'd wish upon anybody's daughter. :ThumbsDown:

skinandbones

Lairian
OK...
I know this isn't a funny thread and I am disapproving of doing things that can blatantly harm life but...

stupid+mother.jpg

Back