Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

A very PLUMP Blueberry

J

Jinxlover

Blueberry it getting fat.

She eats like a horse. She eats one can of canned in the AM and one in the PM and a big dish of dry (maybe 2cups) during the day. I have been letting her b/c of the babies. Should I cut her back or limit the amount she is eating??

I know sphynx are plump, but how plump is two plump?:Dizzy:

Lulu Bird

Lairian
If those little berries are still on the teet I wouldn't limit how much she eats. I would ask the doctor if he/she thinks she is over weight. Cutting back a little might not hurt but you wouldn't want to cut back too much - she needs the extra calories while feeding the bebes. I forget how old the berries are now and if they are weened. If they are weened I would cut back a little at a time so she doesn't think she is starving :Wink:

J

Jinxlover

Oh no they are not weened.. They are only 4 week and will not touch the canned food.
She is still nursing them all the time.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
As long as she is nursing let her eat what she wants.
She needs the food.

I agree. If she's nursing let her eat how much she wants too at the moment. The kittens are big and healthy and will take more from her, the bigger they get. Right now its healthier for her to be plump than skinny.

You might want to get her checked over if her belly is swollen or distended. If she's just chunky then let her eat how much she chooses too, while they feed.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I can only imagine the sphynx appetite + nursing! :Laugh: Glad to hear Blueberry is staying healthy for the babies! :ThumbsUp:

J

Jinxlover

Okay thanks..
I have nothing against plump..I my self am plump, but I want her healthy.
I will let her eat tell the babies are weened.

susi794

Staff member
Nursing queens need the extra nutrition...take everyone's advice--but if her belly looks distended or not right for some reason, do like Kerry advised and have the vet take a look. The babies take a lot out of her and her body will feed them first and foremost, and if she doesn't have enough nutrition, it will take it from her bones and body for the babies.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
awww poor plumpy blueberry. Atleast her new shirt is really stretchy and can grow with her! lol I'm sure she is fine and just a little extra hungry. You've gotten some good advice on here!!

J

Jinxlover

She's not sick, just fat..lol. Most of the fat would be hard to see in a pic, it kind of hangs down with her big old boobies..:LOL: :LOL:

J

Jinxlover

Okay pics.. I dont know maybe she's not to bad. She's fatter on my lap than in these pics...lol..:LOL:

Attachments

• P1050747.JPG
    P1050747.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 23
  • P1050749.JPG
    P1050749.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 25
  • P1050751.JPG
    P1050751.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 22
  • P1050752.JPG
    P1050752.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 23
  • P1050753.JPG
    P1050753.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 24

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
She looks fine to me. The saggy boobs etc are just from feeding, once she's finished it will all start to tighten up again and she'll get her beach body back :LOL:

Back