Welcome to the Sphynxlair community! A community dedicated to the Sphynx breed!

Abbi ate hair!

Abbi was in the litter box trying to poo and she meowed and lit out of the box, running wildly about the house. I noticed she hadn't fully pooped so I grabbed her and some toilet paper and, very gently, helped her evacuate the rest. She cried and I realized it was entwined with hair. The hair broke so she still has an unkown amount left in her intestine. Could this be a vet visit for her?

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
I’d give it a little more time to pass and keep a close eye. Where do you think she got it....a hairbrush?

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
She was probably crying cause she felt the strange hair and the poop still there. My girl Jade had the same thing with catgrass. Running around like a maniac and crying loudly. Hair and grass should come out by itself. But always good to watch carefully.

I’d give it a little more time to pass and keep a close eye. Where do you think she got it....a hairbrush?
I'm almost positive she got it the previous day when I fed her a tiny piece of deer sausage off the floor as I was cooking. I didn't even look to see if the floor was clean! Normally the cats have their special dishes but this was such an impromptu treat that I didn't bother to grab her bowl. That will teach me!