Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Abby Sneezing

abbyknitter

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Abby Sneezes a lot! Is that normal? We think it might be from her eye discharge. When she was younger she had a sibling scratch her in the eye, we have eye drops for her and everything, but her sneezing is worrying me.

sPhYnxMoMmie

Lairian
Hi!
My Mia sneezes alot also! I am not sure where it comes from but it seems like its worse at times! I seriously clean snot off my walls. I have taken her to 3 different vets and they all have said that it is an URI and put her on antibiotics and it clears up for awhile and then comes back. I was reading some blogs and posts on here and decided to order L Lycine. I am hoping that this helps her and will let you know if it does anything for her! Please keep us updated and let us kno how she is feeling

PitRottMommy

Banned
Abby Sneezes a lot! Is that normal? We think it might be from her eye discharge. When she was younger she had a sibling scratch her in the eye, we have eye drops for her and everything, but her sneezing is worrying me.
A few sneezes a day is normal. However, persistent sneezing is not. I would recommend having her examined by your vet and having her placed on a round of oral antibiotics. Generally speaking, cats don't just sneeze because their eyes have discharge. Nor do they sneeze because of a scratch in the eye. These are two separate nerve bodies. Unless the eyes are discharging so much that they're actually running into the nose, you should notice no correlation. However, eye discharge in addition to sneezing can be a sign of a respiratory tract infection. Putting her on lysine isn't a bad idea, but the main thing lysine helps with is the herpes virus...not bacteria present in the respiratory tract.

abbyknitter

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hi!
My Mia sneezes alot also! I am not sure where it comes from but it seems like its worse at times! I seriously clean snot off my walls. I have taken her to 3 different vets and they all have said that it is an URI and put her on antibiotics and it clears up for awhile and then comes back. I was reading some blogs and posts on here and decided to order L Lycine. I am hoping that this helps her and will let you know if it does anything for her! Please keep us updated and let us kno how she is feeling
Thats the same with Abby, she goes into sneezing fits, i have cleaned so much buggers lately...she has been on anit biotics twice now. please let me know hwo that L Lycine works, i will talk to my vet...Abby sees the vet on jan. 8th....
Thanks a whole bunch! I really appriciate it!