Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Admin's Soup of the Day! 11-29-2010

admin

Administrator
Staff member
user1271_pic7812_1290762592.jpg

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sweet :)

And I have to say he looks a lot like my Darwin, hehe. Eye color is a bit off but for the rest they look like brothers.

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Very nice.... once I get into things with my new camera, I may be bugging you for tips!!! And you never told me why Nikon's are bad....

No prob on the tips, you have but to ask :BigSmile: Oh, lol, Nikons....well, it's like the mac vs pc debate.....cats vs dogs......that kinda thing. I don't think there is anything bad per say, all cameras have their down points. Biggest thing before you buy is to get hands on and have a feel for where all the buttons are to see if it is comfortable for you. If you have already bought your camera, don't wait - jump right in. When I got my first DSLR, I read the manual (quickly) then figured it out as I went along - nothing like experience as your teacher. Plus, no film to develop. You can see your picture instantly and see where your mistakes are, make adjustments and try again and again and again :LOL:

Gizzymom

Banned
No prob on the tips, you have but to ask :BigSmile: Oh, lol, Nikons....well, it's like the mac vs pc debate.....cats vs dogs......that kinda thing. I don't think there is anything bad per say, all cameras have their down points. Biggest thing before you buy is to get hands on and have a feel for where all the buttons are to see if it is comfortable for you. If you have already bought your camera, don't wait - jump right in. When I got my first DSLR, I read the manual (quickly) then figured it out as I went along - nothing like experience as your teacher. Plus, no film to develop. You can see your picture instantly and see where your mistakes are, make adjustments and try again and again and again :LOL:

LOLOLOLOL.... Are you a Mac??

I did buy a Nikon D3000 - the bundle with the 55-200mm lens... Just got it Sunday, and have been crazy busy... so just started going throught the manual last night (since I had no internet). I also ordered Nikon D3000 for dummies... it is on it's way!

I used to dabble in photograpy years ago (before digital age) and would use my school's dark room at the time... but it was very frustrating as if the shots didn't turn out as you had planned... no do-overs!! LOL

But I enjoy photography and what better subject then a sphynx?? I plan on going nuts this weekend playing around. I agree - I am a very hands on person and I like to figure it out as I go. If you don't mind, PM me your email address.. It is easier for me to send emails, as my PM box constantly needs to be cleaned out with that 50 limit! LOL

Thanks in advance for your help! I am excited!! :ThumbsUp:

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
LOLOLOLOL.... Are you a Mac??

I did buy a Nikon D3000 - the bundle with the 55-200mm lens... Just got it Sunday, and have been crazy busy... so just started going throught the manual last night (since I had no internet). I also ordered Nikon D3000 for dummies... it is on it's way!

I used to dabble in photograpy years ago (before digital age) and would use my school's dark room at the time... but it was very frustrating as if the shots didn't turn out as you had planned... no do-overs!! LOL

But I enjoy photography and what better subject then a sphynx?? I plan on going nuts this weekend playing around. I agree - I am a very hands on person and I like to figure it out as I go. If you don't mind, PM me your email address.. It is easier for me to send emails, as my PM box constantly needs to be cleaned out with that 50 limit! LOL

Thanks in advance for your help! I am excited!! :ThumbsUp:

Yup, imma Mac :ThumbsUp: PMing you my email addy :BigSmile:

Back