Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Adopting On September 16th

Umigirl

Lairian
Hi,

I am very excited about bringing a 3 1/2 yearl old female to our home. She will be joining a 14 month old and 11 year old Siamese.

I've never had a Sphynx however I'm doing quite a bit of research in how to care for her. As far as love and affection we have this in abundance.

Any suggestions to introducing her to a bath. She appears to be quite clean and a bit chunky around the tummy.

I would prefer to have her home for at least a week before trying to bathe her.

Any input is really appreciated.

I'll post her picture in a few days.

K:Smile:

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome and congratulations on the new LOVE of your life. I would not worry about anything. I have a feeling everything will work out.:Smile:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to Sphynx Lair and congratulations on your upcoming adoption. This forum is filled with great tips. You can dig through the boards or do a site search by topic at the top of the page.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome we are glad ou found us :ThumbsUp: Congrats on the new addition we can not wait to hear all about her.
If you search bath in the search bar you will find tons of tips i was going to give you a link but there are so many.:Wink:

Bella07

Banned
Welcome to Sphynx Lair! I can not wait to see pictures of your new Sphynx.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi Umigirl, nice to meet you and looking forward to meeting your kitties too. Hope everything goes smoothly.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Welcome to the lair!! Can't wait to hear about and see photos of your new kitty your adopting!!

susi794

Staff member
Welcome to the Lair--you've come to the right place for sphynx lovers!

laurame

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Welcome and congrats on the new addition to you family!! Post pics when you can.

Welcome to the Lair and congrats on the addition of a Sphynx to your family! They are such wonderful cats!

If it were me, I would wait a bit to bathe her as to not overwhelm her but see how she settles in. There is a plethora of great topics and advice on here so anything you want to know, just do a search and ask away!!!

Oh and photos...we love photos!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Umigirl and welcome to Sphynxlair! Congrats on your new addition! Please share some pics when you get a chance!:ThumbsUp:

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Welcome to Sphynx Lair and Congratulations on the new addition of your family! Our new sphynx "Linguini" is also coming home today! Very exciting! :ThumbsUp::BigSmile: