Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Adoption update for Birdie and Dude

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi all: Just wanted to give an update on the progress of our adoption. Dude is doing really well and we are pretty sure he is a peterbald. He coos like a pigeon LOUDLY when petted. Laurel called me and let me hear him. Birdie is doing better and had a spay, biopsies, and sinus flush. She should be able to travel in about 2 weeks. She is on antibiotics for a URI. They are trying to raise funds for her procedures before she can come. I hope some kind samaritans are able to help. They are about a 13 hour drive away but will be worth every mile.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That rescue is out here.
I do not liek they will spay and do a dental at the same time.
My vet said when they do dentals and surgery around the nose and mouth it can infect the cat in other areas.
They will not do spays at the same time.
I am going to post on my facebook and see if anyone will help.
Do you need help getting them to utah?
I might be going to a Arcadia TICA show and could bring them that far if needed.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I had a look at the site there are lots of really lovely cats on there and I wish I could take them all home! Can't wait for you to get Lady Bird and Dude home. Will be great hearing about how they get on! Also can't wait to see the pictures.

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ty for all the kind comments. Mews I am going to drive down and coincidently my youngest adopted dtr is going to meet her birth family (she is 22) in Southern CA.(camarillo) so I will drop her off then go to Sacramento where I have friends. Do you live near any of those places or in between? The kitties are in Sacramento. It is going to be an exciting trip!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I can bring my cats also.
It would be fun.
Let me know when what day.
I am skipping the cat show in 2 weeks but will be going to shows on feb 20th and the weekend of after that out of my area.

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ok this may sound stuip but what is the difference with a Peterbald?

No such thing as a dumb question, unless you don't ask :Smile:

My understanding is that a Peterbald is another breed of hairless cat -- from what I remember the Peterbald is a cross between a Sphynx and a short hair of some type. I think the purpose was to get a stockier build

looks I was not to far off: Wikipedia article

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Not stupid Tess. Peterrbalds are born with hair and lose it as they grow older. Dude has a fine feathering of fur all over where as Birdie has the warm suede skin. Peterbalds also have a less petite face and head. Thats about all I know!:LOL:

tessblack

Banned
Thanks for the reply guys now I know. Took a look at that wik page and it is cool how they can lose there hair over time.

Thanks again

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I bet you are so excited! I look forward to hearing the stories once they are in your home and looking forward to the pictures! :Smile:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yeah that was Tux but don't think you insulted his manhood. I think the dresses I put him in do that. See bellow.

tess

Love the Texas Longhorns cheerleading outfits!!! :ThumbsUp: Too cute! Tux is sure giving you the stink-eye though...LOL!

Back