Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Ads

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Is there a way to remove ads? (i.e. a pro sub, or something) because on nearly every page I have 1 ad above and 6 ads below the thread title. and another on the bottom.
When I'm on the dinky laptop, it's nearly impossible to look at anything, because the whole page is taken up by ads. :/

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
This is what every thread looks like for me.
screeny.jpg

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a way to remove ads? (i.e. a pro sub, or something) because on nearly every page I have 1 ad above and 6 ads below the thread title. and another on the bottom.
When I'm on the dinky laptop, it's nearly impossible to look at anything, because the whole page is taken up by ads. :/
There shouldn't be but one ad below the forum, can you screen shot that? As far as the other ads, Sphynxlair is a free site and paid for out of pocket by the admins, the only revenue we make is the Google ads your referencing and donations from members to support the sites hosting, upgrades, enhancements and things of that nature. Have you tried the mobile version, Tapatalk, I believe that is ad free. We hope you understand. :):)

Last edited:

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Each thread I go looks like the screenshot @Silke posted with the big block photos and some ads.
You do have to scroll down quite a bit before getting to the actual posts.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 5.28.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 5.28.04 PM.png
    135.8 KB · Views: 22

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Each thread I go looks like the screenshot @Silke posted with the big block photos and some ads.
You do have to scroll down quite a bit before getting to the actual posts.
There shouldn't be but one ad below the forum, can you screen shot that? As far as the other ads, Sphynxlair is a free site and paid for out of pocket by the admins, the only revenue we make is the Google ads your referencing and donations from members to support the sites hosting, upgrades, enhancements and things of that nature. Have you tried the mobile version, Tapatalk, I believe that is ad free. We hope you understand. :):)

MereB

Lairian
I have the block of 8 above, then first post on page/original post, then one centered add then 2nd and onward posts to bottom of the page where there is one long bar add at the bottom. Then repeat for each page.
Not complaining, I totally get why they need to be there ;) Adds are the price you pay for "free" content. Adds on television pay for the programs you like to watch, adds in free phone apps is how their makers make money and the same goes for websites and forums.
Live with adds, or turn it into a paid subscription only site... I know which I'd prefer :)
They would annoy me more if I was viewing the forums using an internet browser on my mobile using mobile data (I only have 1GB) but I use Tapatalk on my mobile, no adds, no dramas :)

Back