Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Advice please

CleoBaby

Lairian
YAY!

Hello everyone!
I hope you all had a great new years...I did lol because Cleo has not had an accident since I took everyones advice! Yay...I hope I don't jink it but I had to let you all know.
Her whole thing is she won't use it if its not cleaned.
So now I have another question...can anyone suggest a great self cleaning litter box? Lol that way I can stop patrolling the litter boxes :BigSmile:
Again thank you!
Cleo and I love Sphynx Lair!!

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Litter robot I guess.
You'll find multiple threads about it here and many films featuring them on youtube.

Thought about it some as well but came to realise that I actually prefer to do it myself. Feels a bit odd to me to automate such a thing but I can ofc understand that all don't feel the same way about it.

I have set up the routine around it by just placing the litterbox within reach from the toilet. :Hysterical:
Everytime I go, box gets cleaned as well. It doesn't feel like a task at all when you are just using the time being there anyway. ;)

Gizzymom

Banned
Litter robot I guess.
You'll find multiple threads about it here and many films featuring them on youtube.

Thought about it some as well but came to realise that I actually prefer to do it myself. Feels a bit odd to me to automate such a thing but I can ofc understand that all don't feel the same way about it.

I have set up the routine around it by just placing the litterbox within reach from the toilet. :Hysterical:
Everytime I go, box gets cleaned as well. It doesn't feel like a task at all when you are just using the time being there anyway. ;)

But that doesn't work when you are gone for 9+ hours per day. And Giz is like Cleo - if the box is not clean, he will not use it.

I personally LOVE my Litter Maid... But it is the older model - not the elite. The older model has a plastic rake to scoop, the elite has a metal rake that just seems to break up the clumps and not scoop them.. And the older model is cheaper. :Wink:

I know a lot of people love the litter robot, but it is a lot of money and I am a firm believer of "don't fix it if it ain't broke". And Giz and I have gone 7+ years with the litter maid. Motor goes out eventually - approx 3 years.

Worth it for me!!:ThumbsUp:

Back