Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Affordable essentials

Cotton777

Lairian
So hopefully we will be getting our little guy in 3 weeks. I’m sure everyone can appreciate it is a costly purchase so I just wanted to get your guys expert opinion on what are the best affordable essentials.

I have googled what I need and have a list, but my question really is do you need to go for premium cost. I know pet care is important but I don’t like to spend over and above if I don’t have to.

I’m in the U.K. and will be lazy and doing most of my shopping on Amazon but I wanted to give a list of recommendations with costs and see if you guys have found something that works just as well but cheaper.

Shampoo - Earthbath hypoallergenic shampoo for cats, £17!

Bath brush - YuCool Pet Bath Massage Brush Combo, £9.
I have read that people use exfoliating gloves that you an get from the pound shop?

Wipes - Burts Bees for cats. I couldn’t find these on the UK amazon but guess they won’t be cheap. What do you guys use for clean ups?

Ear cleaning - liquid or wipes?
Recommend Witchhazel dog and cat ear cleaner but again can’t find this on UK Amazon or there are wipes witch are Earthbath at £6.50

Toa and Ross

Staff member
What an exciting time ahead of you.
Good you're doing research, indeed no need to make it more expensive then it already is.

I use baby wipes (non alcohol) for cleaning ears, eyes, skin. Once in 2 weeks I use ear cleaning for cats, not a specific brand. My vet told me not to use it too often.

exfoliating gloves are very helpful to clean the skin when you bath your boy and to get a grip on him (they are very slippery when wet). Just buy cheap ones from the pound shop indeed.

My sphynxs love to snuggle under blankets. I alwaysbuy blankets when they're for sale.

Springs and catnips toys are there favorite, here I can buy big bulks of those kind of toys and they last a long time.

Enjoy shopping!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Cotton777 welcome to the lair family! glad you are posting with this fun friendly bunch! so excited for you! surely members in your area will help and chime in with essential products... Tagging @Anita Eccleston , @Staceyxxx et al,

check your contract too if there is a time frame for a wellness vet check .. you can preschedule at your vet :)

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
You can get a four pack of those exfoliating gloves pretty cheap on Amazon. The great thing is they are actually washable so you can reuse them over and over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro