Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

aggression?

Valentina7850

Lairian
ok so my boy displayed some aggressive behavior last night and I am wondering if anyone can help shed some light on this for me.

The scenario is I'm laying in bed and I hear him in the living room being quite vocal, he has been very vocal at night lately. Now mind you he is almost 10 months and scheduled for neutering this month. He is intact at the moment. My cat makes his way to my room where he for a moment surveys me , then jumps on the bed and starts a very odd behavior I haven't seen before, he jumps on me and he rubbed his head on my hand then began to bite and I mean bite. He continued to make meowing/kind of growling and huffing sounds. Staring blankly....When I tried to pull away he followed my arm everywhere and continued to try and grab my arm wherever he could and pull it to him and would bite down hard, all while making the huffing/kind of low growling sounds. I don't want my boy to be aggressive :( I'm hoping that after the neutering this behavior won't continue. My arm is quite painful and he did draw a little blood. Has anyone else experience this before?

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Valentina7850 , Hello ! what is his name? Is that adorable him in the avatar pic?

He could be sensing or seeing a female or other kitties outside -through a window

My Toby I adopted at 11 mos old was fresh -huffing puffing hissing too -
He settled more after his Neutering amd redirect play

**** Be sure to cal your vet in advance and confirm " No Ketamine" anesthesia-
Sphynx don't do well or even die with it bcz of the rebound effect on the heart especially if undetected heart stuff

I ask for gas anesthesia "ISO" Isoflurane much easier on their system
And even switched vets to one that only used ISO

Redirect your boy with a kicker toy- I had to use a dog Kong firehouse material toy or even the Wubba toy

I would say "Toby Love" and redirect - he is much better now neutered but still has the name "Toby Love"

Not unusual for sphynx youngsters male or female to be fresh -
They are the most daring outgoing breed I ever had
You will other posts about redirecting and neutering

I know the huff snort you describe - it does get better - my boy is 3 now and no longer leaps off the dresser etc at me -
I Trained him to the dresser for gentle head bumps and loves nose kisses - he is the biggest lover now for head bumps and kisses- closes his eyes amd purrs instead of huffs n puffs

Hope you are active with us and can share stories amd pics with us!

Ps- make sure you thoroughly clean any breaks in your skin amd keep an eye out on it

admin

Administrator
Staff member
ok so my boy displayed some aggressive behavior last night and I am wondering if anyone can help shed some light on this for me.

The scenario is I'm laying in bed and I hear him in the living room being quite vocal, he has been very vocal at night lately. Now mind you he is almost 10 months and scheduled for neutering this month. He is intact at the moment. My cat makes his way to my room where he for a moment surveys me , then jumps on the bed and starts a very odd behavior I haven't seen before, he jumps on me and he rubbed his head on my hand then began to bite and I mean bite. He continued to make meowing/kind of growling and huffing sounds. Staring blankly....When I tried to pull away he followed my arm everywhere and continued to try and grab my arm wherever he could and pull it to him and would bite down hard, all while making the huffing/kind of low growling sounds. I don't want my boy to be aggressive :( I'm hoping that after the neutering this behavior won't continue. My arm is quite painful and he did draw a little blood. Has anyone else experience this before?
I would get him neutered as the others said asap, thats most likely the issue. :)

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Sounds like typical in tact male behaviour. Once he's neutered, give him a few weeks, and you'll likely see a transformation. No need to panic yet! In the meantime, do you have a kevlar bodysuit? :ROFLMAO: