Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

ahhhhhhhh car!!!!!!!

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
sence the summer my car had 3 ties blow up while we were driving!!!! I ran out of tires so I have 2 low pro tires on the back & 2 stock tires on the front!!!! So bad! I havent gone on the highway for over 6 months because every time we do my tire blows! anywase my mom is paying for me to get 4 brand new tires today Im so happy now nothing is is stopping me from my crazy road trips & adventures!!! lol :Wink::Cool:

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yay! :Celebrate::Celebrate:

Nothing worse than car trouble!!! Heavy rain here and only one working windscreen wiper!!! Lucky for mw it's the drivers side that works!!

Have fun on your road trips!

X

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That is nice of your mom to do that for you! Hopefully that should be the end of you car problems! Happy travelling! X

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Oh how I wish my mother would/could fix my car trouble! LOL I think car trouble is just another thing in life to cause us grief! LOL

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice of mom (hope she got A big hug):ThumbsUp:
We can relate as in NJ we have the worlds largest pot holes so I had to ban hubby from having low profile tires and go back to regular ones. He was getting about 8 flats every winter:Angry:

susi794

Staff member
Wooooohoooooo! "On the road again...just can't wait to get...on the road again...." Congrats on getting MOBILE again!

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Glad to hear you're getting new tires! Nothing like having the freedom to get up and drive somewhere!

My car is dead. :Sad:

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Congrats on the new tires!! I LOVE road trips...my friend and I used to get in the car and just drive. We never knew where we would end up!!:BigSmile:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Glad to hear you're getting new tires! Nothing like having the freedom to get up and drive somewhere!

My car is dead. :Sad:

We have alot in common I think. lol My car is also dead. Deader than a door nail as we say in the South! Took it somewhere in Dec, they said the heads were blown, had a guy down the street "fix it", now I'm taking him to court because I paid him for services and my car is still blown and how the heat doesn't work. Right now its buried under tons of snow as its in a part of the driveway we don't plow but I will never go against my gut instinct again. He came highly recommended which is the ONLY reason I went with him for repairs and his price was 50% less than what the big wigs wanted to charge. When the snow melts away I'll take it somewhere legit. Luckily I don't have a zillion places to be right now so I just use our spare clunker when needed. Clunker isn't doing so hot tho, might go get another clunker just incase. LOL I always keep a clunker on hand incase my "semi nice" car decides to take a vacation!

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We have alot in common I think. lol My car is also dead. Deader than a door nail as we say in the South! Took it somewhere in Dec, they said the heads were blown, had a guy down the street "fix it", now I'm taking him to court because I paid him for services and my car is still blown and how the heat doesn't work. Right now its buried under tons of snow as its in a part of the driveway we don't plow but I will never go against my gut instinct again. He came highly recommended which is the ONLY reason I went with him for repairs and his price was 50% less than what the big wigs wanted to charge. When the snow melts away I'll take it somewhere legit. Luckily I don't have a zillion places to be right now so I just use our spare clunker when needed. Clunker isn't doing so hot tho, might go get another clunker just incase. LOL I always keep a clunker on hand incase my "semi nice" car decides to take a vacation!

LOL :LOL:
So sorry to hear about the trouble you had to go through with your car! My car was/is a '96 Grand Am and its motor was completely fried. Didn't see that coming. . .It's not like I would race people on my free time or take it to a car derby event. It was my first car that I had bought from a guy my dad works with. We replaced the AC , radiator, got new tires and did something else to it, but I couldn't tell you what because I hardly know anything about cars. All seemed to be going well. This stuff just happens, I guess!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
LOL :LOL:
So sorry to hear about the trouble you had to go through with your car! My car was/is a '96 Grand Am and its motor was completely fried. Didn't see that coming. . .It's not like I would race people on my free time or take it to a car derby event. It was my first car that I had bought from a guy my dad works with. We replaced the AC , radiator, got new tires and did something else to it, but I couldn't tell you what because I hardly know anything about cars. All seemed to be going well. This stuff just happens, I guess!

Yeah, I've decided its just all part of life. When everything seems to be going well something has to happen to turn your day into $hit. Whats worse is my car didn't decide to take a vacation until I put 4 brand new tires on it and made my last car payment!! ARGH!!!!

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yeah, I've decided its just all part of life. When everything seems to be going well something has to happen to turn your day into $hit. Whats worse is my car didn't decide to take a vacation until I put 4 brand new tires on it and made my last car payment!! ARGH!!!!

Ah crap! That really sucks. I put new tires on my car several months before it died, but I did not have a car payment on top of that charge. I'm really sorry that happened!

There must be something in the air because my parent's car is having issues now! It's their transmission. They're having it looked at tomorrow. Good grief! :Dizzy:

tessblack

Banned
Ah crap! That really sucks. I put new tires on my car several months before it died, but I did not have a car payment on top of that charge. I'm really sorry that happened!

There must be something in the air because my parent's car is having issues now! It's their transmission. They're having it looked at tomorrow. Good grief! :Dizzy:

Yeah must be something in the air. Had to put 4 struts on my car and tires. Then had to put a belt on it. Then had a sticky caliper. Then my husbands truck blew a rad, had to have u joints replaced and also had to do a belt. All within three weeks. Ahh just when you think your a bit ahead of things.

ckutkuhn7

Banned

Its definetley in the air! My parents had car trouble and had to put a whole new computer in it and a weeks worth of searching for a new wire. My bf's car is acting up and my boyfriends car, well it needs a lot done but we just put plugs and wires on it to make it quit sputtering! lol It's our clunker. I so can't wait to get my cushy van fixed! LOL

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Yeah must be something in the air. Had to put 4 struts on my car and tires. Then had to put a belt on it. Then had a sticky caliper. Then my husbands truck blew a rad, had to have u joints replaced and also had to do a belt. All within three weeks. Ahh just when you think your a bit ahead of things.

Wow, thats all major work depending on how easy those things are to reach! I bet your not ahead now!! They don't make cars the way they used too. Thats for sure. Now a days you sneeze on them and they decide to quit on you. I want my 78 Camaro back!!!!!:ThumbsUp::LOL::ThumbsUp:

tessblack

Banned
Wow, thats all major work depending on how easy those things are to reach! I bet your not ahead now!! They don't make cars the way they used too. Thats for sure. Now a days you sneeze on them and they decide to quit on you. I want my 78 Camaro back!!!!!:ThumbsUp::LOL::ThumbsUp:

Yeah it really stung with everything happening at once as well as Tux having his ear issue. Luckily I work at a dealership so a few things I could do there but funny thing is we did not have the right tools to do the struts. Yeah the cushion I had built up is gone. Have to get the kitties there first HCM scan soon too.
yeah cars are not what they used to be. I work at a Ferrari dealership and they are no better.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Yeah it really stung with everything happening at once as well as Tux having his ear issue. Luckily I work at a dealership so a few things I could do there but funny thing is we did not have the right tools to do the struts. Yeah the cushion I had built up is gone. Have to get the kitties there first HCM scan soon too.
yeah cars are not what they used to be. I work at a Ferrari dealership and they are no better.

Well keep on keepin on as I always say. It always passes. Financial things always seem to happen when you don't want them. It's so aggravating. Goodluck rebuilding your cushion. Mine is gone too. LOL

tessblack

Banned
Well keep on keepin on as I always say. It always passes. Financial things always seem to happen when you don't want them. It's so aggravating. Goodluck rebuilding your cushion. Mine is gone too. LOL

Yeah just want a cushion for my babies. Hope you are keeping warm in Ohio.

Back