Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Alice is STILL peeing on the floor!

I posted a few months ago about Alice peeing in the corners and behind the TV and despite everyones help she is STILL doing it.

I took her to the vet again and he said she didn't have an UTI but she did have very highly concentrated urine. So I got her a water fountain bowl like he said, and I started praising her everytime she drank from it. That was a month ago, I've caught her twice since then (the second being about 5 minutes ago) but I think she's been doing it when I'm not around too.

The problem has persisted for nearly a year now. She doesn't have a UTI, the litter boxes are being cleaned. I've blocked off her regular pee stops but she just keeps doing it.

Any more ideas? Please? This is just getting old, and stinky.:ThumbsDown:

laurame

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I had a cat that was doing this and my vet suggested that I re-train him to use the litterbox. I would lock him in the bathroom (which I hated and he didnt mind) and just kept him in there for a few weeks. They also make a product call cat atrract that is supposed to attract them to the litterbox. You can also try adding more litterboxes. Dont know how many cat to box ratio you have. Also if you believe its a behavior thing they have that plug in that is supposed to help keep them calm. Its got phermones in it.
Hope this helps...I know how hard it is.
Laura

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Is getting rid of that carpet an option? Often dogs and cats will continue to go where the smell is.

Otherwise there is an excellent product called "Urine Erase" which Ive used and have sold to people for years when I was a vet tech. Its a two step mixture which removes urine smell even to sensitive kitty noses.

Adventures of A Naked Cat

ShadyLaine

Lairian
It could be hormonal in nature, if so, Feliway spray and plugins are very helpful.
You can also use them for cases of separation anxiety and stress.

My ragdoll cross, Sabastian, has separation anxiety. He used to urinate on the couch whenever I was at work. I now have a feliway plugin in my apartment and it hasn't happened since. It's a pheramone spray/plugin that can calm anxious cats and stop territorial spraying and help in cases of behavioural/hormonal innapropriate urination.

holly_savage

Banned
This might have already been suggested, but what about the type of litter you are using. I know that Kokka will not use the pine stuff...at all! Have you tried offering her some options?

This might have already been suggested, but what about the type of litter you are using. I know that Kokka will not use the pine stuff...at all! Have you tried offering her some options?

Yeah that was the first thing I tried. But she doesn't care what it is, she'll usually use it, except when she decides to pee on the floor.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I would break out all the stops.

New litter, cat attrack,,feliaway, remove carpet if you can, if not then use an enzyme cleaner such as Natures Miracle or urine erase.. and also retrain to use the litter box.

I hope you find a solution soon, cat urine smell is no fun!

Back