Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

All at once or take our time?

rainonlens

Lairian
Hi again!

Yet another question...would love all of your input!! :BigSmile:

It is written in our contracts that we have a full vet check-up within 3 days of the kittens coming home.

My question is: Should we take them to the vet straight from the airport to just get all of the madness out of the way at once? Or should we bring them home, let them rest for a day or two and then take them to get checked out? I don't want to stress them out any more than they have to be.

Thanks, guys!! :Laugh:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I think take them home first too, and I also think don't take them to the vets the next day. Wait a couple of days at least so they can ajust first and feel settled. When you picking them up? Very exciting!

rainonlens

Lairian
When you picking them up? Very exciting!

We don't know the exact flight yet, but it will either be the 29th or 30th of May.

One month to go, one month to go. WE ARE EXPLODING WITH EXCITEMENT!!!

Thanks everyone for your input! I think you're all spot on and we'll make sure we keep them home for a few days to observe before taking them in. We have the week off (to stay home with our new babies) so we can take them in a few days later no problem.

I'm in really close contact with my breeder, so I'm sure she'll have no problem with them not being checked out right away. I'm sure it's only in the contact for legalities. :BigSmile:

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
If they seem healthy, I'd wait until the third day both from a pragmatic view(gives problems longer to show up) and from a health of the cat view -- gives them time to recover and resume 'normal' behavior.

obviously if they seem ill get them care soon as possible

dragynflye

Lairian
my contract says 72 hours, as well. i picked kimo up on thursday, and took him to the vet first thing monday morning. of course, this was more than 72 hours, but my breeder understood the situation. we didn't get home until LATE thursday, had to take the other kitten to tulsa friday, my vet was booked on saturday, and closed on sunday.

i'm glad i waited a few days to take him in. it gave me the chance to get to know him a little and to see what is normal behavior was like. if i had taken him straight in, i would have told the vet that he was hiding and scared, not that he was playful and eating and pooping normally.

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Haha- you guys give great advice :) I tend to go the day they arrive and now listening to all of you- your idea is MUCH better! Yeah, you should try to push it a bit to the third day or at least second so you can see how they are doing. Why didn't I ever think of that???

Back