Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

All Four of My Newest Children

susi794

Staff member
Good to hear Susi :ThumbsUp::Smile:
How are the rest of the gang doing ? Hopefully they have no longer the sniffles...

We aren't totally over the sniffles yet....the babies aren't doing too well tonight. Looks like Dulcinea isn't attending them very well...two look emaciated. Had to take Noel in for her baby shot tonight and my vet said try transferring them to Lulu but she isn't having anything to do with letting them nurse--she will clean them and make them potty, but she won't let them nurse. I tried locking Dulcinea in with them--we'll see if that improves anything.

J

Jinxlover

Oh Susi I'm Sorry, come on babies you can do it.
Your babies are in my prayers....
Please keep us posted, I think of them often..

susi794

Staff member
I WAS knee deep in kitty chaos. Dulcinea just refused to care ofr them--she would rather do anything else but. So, I thought for sure I'd lose them, since Lulu is the only lactating queen I have and while she was concerned about cleaning them, didn't show any interest in feeding them. So I was trying to get Lulu to take some interest by leaving them with her in the bathroom--and trying to bottle feed whenever I could--still wasn't sure they were getting food from anybody--then yesterday I walked in to a beautiful sight--my precious Lulu feeding those poor little babies. I might still end up losing the van and the tortie--but we'll see if they can spring back with Luie's help. Anyway, I was fretting with them last night and never got online at all. Sorry to worry everyone. But in the morning I though for sure I would come home to dead kits....I LOVE my little surrogate mom--even though she was "Typhoid Mary", it wasn't her fault her breeder sent her to me sick, she's such the love bug!

susi794

Staff member
Despite Lulu's and my best efforts, I lost the little Van girl tonight. She just couldn't bounce back. But the tortie seems to be gaining weight and is sucking the bottle with more vigor than before and the two blues are pretty strong....so hopefully the rest will survive. I hope so with all my heart. But I will know that Lulu and I will have done our best to save them. Dulcinea will be spayed as soon as the vet says it's ok. He said some are just not cut out to be mommies...and for her it's obviously true. This is the second litter she's abandoned after the first day or two. Does anyone know how long I should wait?

Back