Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

"All Life Stages" Cat Food

Chameleon924

Lairian
For those who feed dry food, how do you feel about "All Life Stages" foods. I have a 7.5yr old, 7yr old, and a 4month old. I want the kitten to get proper nutrition, and I'm not sure if All Life Stages cat foods will deliver that.

Dry kibble is our only option at this time. Please don't push raw, canned, or home cooked foods.

Natalie Murphy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I was hoping some ladies would of commented. As I live in China the selection of imported cat food has a limit.
I got my little one at 4 months ( he is now 1) and could not find kitten kibbles here. A friend ,She is Chinese gave me a list of the top cat foods. I bought the one on top of her list that was available. She feeds her cat the science diet, which was not on the list. Her suggestion had 5 options I could only GO which was number 2on her list
So I bought it I was really shocked at how little you give them per day for a cat under 3kgs up to 45-55g a day.
My cat is a monster with food I need to to weigh the food out and feed him. He has eaten a weeks worth of food in one sitting when I forgot to put the lid on the container.
I have had no issues with his skin. We bath once a month and I have pushed it to a 3months in the colder weather. My vet is really happy with his weight, skin and health
It is a Canadian brand.
Please keep me updated if you have found anything else that works for you.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Chameleon924 , I have been feeding Nutrisource cat and kitten food for nearly a decade with my 4. started with my 11 mos when I had adults too. no skin or poo issues. feed n go. I have Batman a dry food addict so I free feed some hills urinary hairball as preventive. I keep it simple for my crew, feed n go. they are adults now and also share a can of proplan urinary focus, chicken flavor they like the best. I use petco, rewards points 5 for every 100, and do online order pick up in store 25% off $50 orders.. includes rx foods . I use the rakuten app for online orders.
I order dr elseys litter, hills urinary hairball (read years ago hairball formula fiber good for poo issues, so use it as preventative. always solid poos. easy transition from acana that the US formulas they were total grease balls on. I can go quite sometime between full spay days with wipe downs 2x a week
hills food for dogs,ec.(reward points add up quick with my crew. :)). mine are 8, and 10, 10, 10 yrs old. never to the vet for any issues . (
except toby on friday who snuck the bengal cats hills k/d and upset intestines ) interesting, was told when he was a year old a grade 1 audible heart murmur subjectively heard. the other day vet said no murmur heard, heart sounds good, 8 yrs old.

nutrisource cat and kitten is their primary food. some smaller pet stores carry it or can order it in. there is a zip code link on site and some international retailers

Nutrisource, no recalls. more info on their website link . I buy it online as it is not in big box stores. I get at k9cuisine or hollywood feed online. some have no tax to certain states. I buy the 16 lb bag of nutrisource for about $36. vet was amazingly how nice Toby's skin is and teeth great . food known for gut health. it is small triangle shape pieces.

hugs n head smooches
lots of good choices out there. members will surely chime in. the best food is what works best for your babies

Last edited:

Sheldon13

Staff member
I think as long as it is balanced, you’re good. Now, I have no proof of this, but what I’ve heard is that kitten food has more of the vitamins and minerals and sometimes even a higher protein content which is needed for their growth. So, theoretically it is the superior food. I would guess that means that all lifestages food (being good enough for a kitten) is superior to a regular adult food in a lot of cases. Me personally, I feed raw food, so it’s all lifestages by its nature.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Domino

Lairian
I was hoping some ladies would of commented. As I live in China the selection of imported cat food has a limit.
I got my little one at 4 months ( he is now 1) and could not find kitten kibbles here. A friend ,She is Chinese gave me a list of the top cat foods. I bought the one on top of her list that was available. She feeds her cat the science diet, which was not on the list. Her suggestion had 5 options I could only GO which was number 2on her list
So I bought it I was really shocked at how little you give them per day for a cat under 3kgs up to 45-55g a day.
My cat is a monster with food I need to to weigh the food out and feed him. He has eaten a weeks worth of food in one sitting when I forgot to put the lid on the container.
I have had no issues with his skin. We bath once a month and I have pushed it to a 3months in the colder weather. My vet is really happy with his weight, skin and health
It is a Canadian brand.
Please keep me updated if you have found anything else that works for you.
I also live in China and have come across the same problem as you. I have also found that you have to be extremely careful when buying the food as it may not be authentic.

Back