Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

All Terrain Petscreen 30... I"m taking action!!!

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
First, let me apologize for my previous post last week.... THINKING that I had found a pet safe sunscreen for our cats (All Terrain Petscreen 30). After I had ordered this product from a seller via Amazon.com, I learned from folks here @ The Lair that Zinc Oxide is toxic to cats. Well, sure enough, the product has arrived, & I now see that the only active ingredient is Zinc Oxide.

I assumed that this product was safe for cats, because a cat is pictured right on the front label!!! This particular seller DID NOT have any ingredients listed for this product, so before it was delivered to my home, I emailed the seller for the ingredients. They in turn, told me to contact the manufacturer, which I did but have not gotten a response from yet.

I just want you all to know that I just sent an email to Amazon.com to explain this danger to them. I informed them that they should require ALL SELLERS on their site to post the ingredients & also a warning to cat owners about this particular product if they choose to sell it.

I will see where this all goes, and if I don't get any satisfactory results, I may just contact one of our local news stations which has a, 'Problem Solving' segment every night during their broadcast. They attempt to expose companies for various wrong doings, & they do a darn good job of it too.

I can't understand how a company can be selling such a product as this:Dizzy:
Please, if anyone has an opinion... share it with us. Does anyone think that I am going overboard about it? If so, PLEASE tell me!!! I'm just
INFURIATED & afraid for cat owners out there, but thanking God that I did not cover my Boone with this crap!:Angry:

Thanx

:Smile:

Last edited:

DoctorSpock

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Go for it kiddo! You have perfect right to be angry! It's bad enough that companies create convienent food for our "kids" that is crap but on top of that they sell products that has not been confirmed safe for our fur babies. All they seem to care about is $$$$$! ! ! Obviously they don't research what ingredients are toxic to our felines/canines! We all need to be aware and do research, research and more! Don't take anyone's word that it's safe! If you don't see ingredients (which is against the law btw) then don't buy it! I prefer not to put anything on my kitty/dog and just make sure I go out before 10am and after 3pm... I just don't feel comfortable on putting ANY kind of man made chemical on my animals, PERIOD! I think of it this way.... Would I put it on my human baby???? NOPE.. Naddah! No Way! Zero! They're going to suck on the fist, thumb, whatever they can put in their mouths... a pet is the same way... licks it all off!

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Go for it kiddo! You have perfect right to be angry! It's bad enough that companies create convienent food for our "kids" that is crap but on top of that they sell products that has not been confirmed safe for our fur babies. All they seem to care about is $$$$$! ! ! Obviously they don't research what ingredients are toxic to our felines/canines! We all need to be aware and do research, research and more! Don't take anyone's word that it's safe! If you don't see ingredients (which is against the law btw) then don't buy it! I prefer not to put anything on my kitty/dog and just make sure I go out before 10am and after 3pm... I just don't feel comfortable on putting ANY kind of man made chemical on my animals, PERIOD! I think of it this way.... Would I put it on my human baby???? NOPE.. Naddah! No Way! Zero! They're going to suck on the fist, thumb, whatever they can put in their mouths... a pet is the same way... licks it all off!
Well, thank you, Sandy!:ThumbsUp: This post has had so many views, but you're the 1st responder:Surprise:. I guess folks must think I'm a lil' bit coo coo:LOL: Amazon did email me back, basically saying it is the seller's responsiblity to include all information on the product. I am interested in the manufacturer of the product.:Angry: They are the ones making & distributing Petscreen spf 30. I cannot fathom how they are getting away with selling such a product & putting a cats pic on the label. How deceiving:Angry::Angry: I was taken like a sucker & am just trying to prevent other cat owners from being taken too. Again, thanx for your response.:BigSmile:

Inflamed

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Go for it girl!

I wish more people would go after companies like that. If you don't get a response it would be awesome if you could get this product in that Problem Solving segment thingy.

Good luck, I'll be rooting for you and all the unfortunate animals that may have already been hurt by this product :ThumbsUp:

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Go for it girl!

I wish more people would go after companies like that. If you don't get a response it would be awesome if you could get this product in that Problem Solving segment thingy.

Good luck, I'll be rooting for you and all the unfortunate animals that may have already been hurt by this product :ThumbsUp:
Thanx. I'm going to see what can be done about it. I have to thank folks here @ the Lair, because I didn't know Zinc Oxide was dangerous to putty tats. :ThumbsUp: to our members!

susi794

Staff member
The article I quoted to you also stated they are not allowed to put SPF on anything for pets--they can only state that it might be comparable to SPF in humans, since no testing on the SPF has been done on animals. I hope you get em too.

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
The article I quoted to you also stated they are not allowed to put SPF on anything for pets--they can only state that it might be comparable to SPF in humans, since no testing on the SPF has been done on animals. I hope you get em too.
Thanx, Susi... I'm gonna try:Smile:

Maua_Peterbald

Lairian
The problem is to prove that this product could be harmful. Even though there are research that prove Zinc Oxide buildup is toxic to cats, we don`t know how much of it is in the bottle, how much is in one application, how fast it is absorbed in the skin, what is the possibility of ingestion by licking etc. All in all we do not really know if this product is unsafe or not :ThumbsDown:
Nevertheless good luck in your crusade :ThumbsUp:

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I finally got a response back from the company's rep; as follows:

Dear Sharon,

Thank you for contacting All Terrain. We appreciate you alerting us to this issue. We were not aware of of this potentiality and will research further. If you are unable to return the Petscreen to the place you purchased it from, please let me know and I will have a refund issued for the purchase price.

Please let me know if I can be of further help.

Enjoy your day,
AMBER GRANTHAM
Sales Service Coordinator
962 Route 11/Sunapee/NH/03782
(P) 800/246-7328 (F) 603/763-8812

-------------------------
I emailed her back to tell her I'm not after a refund but that I do appreciate them doing more research on their product.

snowbead

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am so thankful you posted this. I was thinking about ordering it too, now I'm glad I didn't. I guess I won't but from Amazon unless the seller states everything in their product, sad they won't be more responsible though. Thanks again!

susi794

Staff member
How can they put something on the market and call it pet safe and NOT be aware that the sole ingredient is toxic to cats? I'd have taken the refund. Good for you for telling them--now let's hope they really do try to do something about it.

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I am so thankful you posted this. I was thinking about ordering it too, now I'm glad I didn't. I guess I won't but from Amazon unless the seller states everything in their product, sad they won't be more responsible though. Thanks again!
You're welcome:Smile: Yes, I am utterly shocked myself. I did contact Amazon 1st, & they told me they include ALL information from the seller. After contacting the seller, they told me I had to contact the manufacturer, 'All Terrian'. I can't believe the only active ingredient in this product is Zinc Oxide. You mean to tell me the seller couldn't have shot me a quick email stating that?:Angry: I had to get the actual product in my hand to read the damn label myself.:Angry::Angry: Sorry for venting:ThumbsDown:

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
How can they put something on the market and call it pet safe and NOT be aware that the sole ingredient is toxic to cats? I'd have taken the refund. Good for you for telling them--now let's hope they really do try to do something about it.
Its all for the love of $$$, Susi. I could care less about the $10 refund. They can't refund my credit card, because I didn't buy it from them directly. They would probably only give me store credit. But I wouldn't want to buy anything from their company:ThumbsDown::ThumbsDown:

DoctorSpock

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thank you Sharon for all your troubles and resolving the matter. I too hope they follow up and warn other pet owners about the Zinc Oxide. If you bought this from Amazon you can leave a REVIEW for that item and warn others of the potential risks!

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thank you Sharon for all your troubles and resolving the matter. I too hope they follow up and warn other pet owners about the Zinc Oxide. If you bought this from Amazon you can leave a REVIEW for that item and warn others of the potential risks!
Thank you. Yes, I am going to leave a review on Amazon. Usually they send me an email to do a review. I've been waiting for it, but perhaps I will try to find out if I can do one asap.:ThumbsUp:

Naked_Einstein

Lairian
I can't believe this! Thank God you read the ingredients and are as informed as you are about petcare products. I find it disgusting that they can actually make and market a product supposedly "safe" and geared toward cats, not to mention display a cat right on the label, meanwhile the active ingredient is toxic!

I hope you get some results as far as this inquiry goes. If you want me to write a letter or an email, even though I didn't purchase the product, just let me know. I think the more people that complain and voice their concern the better chance of the product being banned.

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I can't believe this! Thank God you read the ingredients and are as informed as you are about petcare products. I find it disgusting that they can actually make and market a product supposedly "safe" and geared toward cats, not to mention display a cat right on the label, meanwhile the active ingredient is toxic!

I hope you get some results as far as this inquiry goes. If you want me to write a letter or an email, even though I didn't purchase the product, just let me know. I think the more people that complain and voice their concern the better chance of the product being banned.
Good idea:ThumbsUp: Go for it!!!

I bought this from an Amazon.com merchant. I already sent in my review of the product to Amazon. Supposedly the manufacturer is also going to do more research on it (so they said in the email they sent me) . Hopefully with summer practically here, any cat owner interested in buying this crap will read my review & stay away from it.:Smile: