Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

All Terrain Petscreen 30... I"m taking action!!!

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
The following is the review I posted on Amazon.com about Petscreen spf30:

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars

Toxic to cats, May 12, 2011 By Boone11 -
See all my reviewsAmazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)

This review is from: All Terrain Petscreen SPF 30 -- 3 fl oz (Health and Beauty)

I have 5 cats total, 1 of which is a purebred Sphynx cat. This particular breed of cat can get sunburned quite easily, because they are hairless. I purchased Petscreen SPF 30 assuming that it was safe for cats; seeing that a cat is picutred on the front label. While the item was being shipped to me, I discovered that the main active ingredient in this sunscreen (Zinc Oxide) is toxic to cats. The actual product that I recieved did not come in 'tube' form as the photo shows. It came in a pump-spray bottle. Regardless...I will not be using this product on my Sphynx or my other cats or my dog. If you are a cat owner, I would advise not to use this product until more research can be done. Please do some searching of your own, because there are plenty of pet medical websites you will come across that state zinc oxide is toxic to cats. You can also confirm this information with your veterinarian as I did.

Naked_Einstein

Lairian
I went on Amazon and left a warning in the review section. I then had my mom log into her Amazon account and she did the same. The more bad reviews and the more people know that this is unsafe for their pets the better. I don't want any cats to be harmed because of this product, and I hope Amazon takes action and removes this product from their site.

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I went on Amazon and left a warning in the review section. I then had my mom log into her Amazon account and she did the same. The more bad reviews and the more people know that this is unsafe for their pets the better. I don't want any cats to be harmed because of this product, and I hope Amazon takes action and removes this product from their site.
AWESOME!!! You're right.. the more the better:ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp: I posted my Amazon review on it the other day.

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I just went on Amazon & read yours & your mom's reviews.

AWESOME​

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thanks. Anything to help our kitties. I'm just thankful you realized the danger of this product and let us all know before any of our babies got hurt.
I'm thankful that folks here on the Lair let me know that zinc oxide was harmful to cats, because I had no idea.:ThumbsUp: